View Full Version : Can anybody help?

Phunkphantom
11-13-2003, 04:32 PM
I am having a problem where Outlook will not send out mail. ( It receives all mail fine) I always recieve this message

"Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test
Sent: 13/11/2003 15:13

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'[email protected]' on 13/11/2003 15:13
550 relaying to <[email protected]> prohibited by administrator"

I have reconfigured the account several times and i have moved to Outlook 2003 and it still isnt working.

I am now wondering if it is something to do with my set (Could a wireless set up or an adsl modem cause this perhaps?

Set Up

Toshiba Laptop
Buffalo 54G PCMCIA and AP
Zoom ADSL Modem
Broadband
XP Home
Office 2003

Please can anyone help, its been driving me maaaaaaaaaaaad :roll:

JackTheTripper
11-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Can't help you with the Outlook problem, but I hope matt_birch is a fake e-mail address or Matt's gonna start getting a lot of spam.

Jon Westfall
11-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Sounds like your SMTP server wants authentication of some sort before you send things out onto the www (usually SMTP servers don't care about authentication for local addresses). Your SMTP server may want you to check your pop3 mail first, then you can send from that IP, or you have to specify "My SMTP Server uses Authentication" in Outlook's mail setup. Make sure your email settings are, of course, the same ones specified by your provider. often the mail and smtp server aren't the same address (mail.whatever.com vs. smtp.whatever.com)

Janak Parekh
11-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Sounds like your SMTP server wants authentication of some sort before you send things out onto the www (usually SMTP servers don't care about authentication for local addresses).
Either that, or the SMTP server assignment is wrong. You generally need to use the SMTP server your ISP (i.e., ADSL modem provider) provides -- very often, you'll still use the ISP's SMTP server even if you're POP/IMAP'ping your mail from a different host.

--janak