View Full Version : PPC WLAN Project------->> HELP!!!!

Silentinc
11-13-2003, 03:14 PM
hi @ all

i got a toshiba e740 WiFi and at school i talked with my teacher about a project that i could make is that i acces on a win2000 server oder normal win2000 client but i dont know what kind a software to take anyone can help me? i need a software which can do many things like create an account on the server or administer the current machine that im connected with. and are there any additions that i could include to a project like this from ur sites?

it would be very nice if i could get an answer

wish u all a nice day

Silent

Jon Westfall
11-13-2003, 03:43 PM
You'd need something that could emulate the functions of the net.exe command on pocket pc. I don't know of any, but if there are, you could use net with various arguments to create accounts, administer things, etc... Unless Microsoft has some snap-ins and a version of the MMC for pocket PC, this is your only alternative.

If administering a Unix based machine is a possibility, you'd have lots more options (i.e. Webmin, etc..) that you could easily integrate to a ppc.

doogald
11-13-2003, 03:47 PM
Can you use Terminal Server on the Win2000 Server and then the Terminal Server client on the PPC?

that_kid
11-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Can you use Terminal Server on the Win2000 Server and then the Terminal Server client on the PPC?

Yup, I do this all the time. As a matter of fact I just did it about 2 hrs ago while out in the field.

Jon Westfall
11-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Terminal services is an option, I guess I just got a different impression of his question.