View Full Version : pdabuzz is back

Thinkingmandavid
11-13-2003, 05:55 AM
I went there to see if finally they had it up and running, and it turns out they finally are. It has a different feel to it.
I know it isnt the same as when Wes was there, but I like to visit from time to time. for me ppc thoughts is the best :wink:

ux4484
11-13-2003, 08:58 PM
amazing that they lost all the forums and yet were able to "salvage" the user database of (formerly) almost 37,000 users :?

SuccWiz actually put in an astro-turf post that they have 90,000 Avantgo readers......like there is anything to read :roll:

Janak Parekh
11-13-2003, 09:04 PM
amazing that they lost all the forums and yet were able to "salvage" the user database of (formerly) almost 37,000 users :?
I believe the user DB is the only part they kept from the old backups. My account is presumably still listed there. If I get a chance, maybe I'll request its deletion...

--janak

ux4484
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
I was able to now delete my account (something they wouldn't let you do before). All you have to do is go to the login screen, put your old user name in and request a temp password, after you get it and log in, select the "unregister" button.

It was so satisfying to see the member count go down 1 after I did it.

Thinkingmandavid
11-13-2003, 09:58 PM
I am going to stick around to find out what is happening.
It is really crazy how all my posts are gone :(
I was around when WEs was there and it was so much better.
Here are the reasons why it is not as good.
1. The front page hardly ever changes and is not updated often at all.
2. It has gone to mainly a palm os website and not like it was before offering ppc and symbian info.
3. There arent near as many posts on a daily basis as before. I have checked back before for days and no one responds and some sections to threads just stay the same, so it is boring.
4. There isnt any great content, no stories or discussions being started that get the mental juices flowing. When we come here to this forum we look forward to the editorials reviews, and posts. It is just lacking at the buzzz :(

I like this site the best out of all I have posted. For me this is my community. :D

Janak Parekh
11-13-2003, 10:56 PM
I was able to now delete my account (something they wouldn't let you do before). All you have to do is go to the login screen, put your old user name in and request a temp password, after you get it and log in, select the "unregister" button.
Done, but 'twasn't easy for me -- had a heck of a time finding the option. Since I have no posts there anymore, no reason to keep my account. I like cleaning house. ;)

--janak

Hyperluminal
11-13-2003, 11:44 PM
I actually PM'd Rick Broida about 6 months ago to get my account deleted, and after a few PMs back and forth, he did it. Still, it's nice that now it can be done more en masse...

Thinkingmandavid
11-13-2003, 11:56 PM
I have to admit that before the hard drive problems they were really boring over there.
I cant remember the last time they actually had a lively discussion and there were pages of posts :!:

Jon Westfall
11-14-2003, 04:37 AM
When I first got my m505, about 4 years ago, PDABuzz was a happening place. I fell away, and apparently, a lot others did as well!

Thinkingmandavid
11-14-2003, 04:42 AM
Many left because WEs left. It isnt a surprise. Even if you werent around alot, it isnt difficult to tell when you go by the site now that it is NOTHING compared to how Wes had it.

Steven Cedrone
11-14-2003, 05:52 AM
Just nuked my account as well...

What a shame, that was once a great site...

Steve

Thinkingmandavid
11-14-2003, 05:56 AM
Yeah you are right, it was. I just cant seem to get rid of my account. I guess I am hoping it may someday become a great site. I was thinking about it today, and I was wondering when that happened what they actually thought about it.
It seems with the way things have gone down since Wes is gone, that they dont really actually care about the site.

Here, you can tell that Jason cares about the site but over there it is treated like a step child.