View Full Version : ACTIVE SYNC interfering with Internet Explorer

urologyhealth
11-11-2003, 04:35 PM
When I connect with ACTIVE SYNC via USB port--my Internet Explorer on my computer stops working--I get server error page cannot be found. I have restarted computer, done soft reset and when I disconnect my Siemens SX56--Internet starts working again. No settings have been changed??

Any solutions? Thank

Cortex
11-11-2003, 11:37 PM
within the activesync settings there is an option to allow the connected device to connect to the internet via activesync. try turning this off and seeing if that helps.

urologyhealth
11-12-2003, 04:39 AM
I did nothing and after 6 hours it started working again???

Thanks for your help

Cortex
11-12-2003, 06:20 PM
sounds a little like medical therapies... :lol:

urologyhealth
11-12-2003, 06:22 PM
CAREFUL NEGLECT IS WONDERFUL MEDICINE. Much like us getting better when we arrive at the Doctor's or Dentist's office. I tried all the Connection settings on the unit and checked all the Active Sync settings and they all looked correct??

Thanks for your interest

urologyhealth
11-15-2003, 09:25 PM
I cannot figure out why this happens--most of the time I leave my Siemens SX56 connected to my laptop via Gomadic Sync n'Charge cable and I use the internet on my laptop without problems--lately when connected it causes server error on my laptop that is corrected by disconnecting my PPCPE. Any ideas??--all settings are the same as they were. I've tried soft resets.restarting computer,changing connection settings from work to internet.

Thanks

Cortex
11-16-2003, 04:30 PM
had you recently upgraded activestink to 3.7.1?

urologyhealth
11-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Yes a few months ago and it was not an immediate issue.

This is amazing problem. I have had Casio E-200 before this and Siemens SX56 this year and yesterday it doesn't allow me to leave unit connected and this morning after restarting computer with cable in USB port on start up, I then reconnect and all is working. I have done this Restart before--I am confused.

By the way, have you tried WM2003 from one of the kitchens or are you waiting for an official release?

Thanks

Cortex
11-16-2003, 06:11 PM
waiting for t-mobile...

they took down the promo page friday which might be a clue that its soon (or they changed their minds about releasing it)...

i seem to remember a post somewhere that had mid November as the release date but i couldnt find it again.

urologyhealth
11-20-2003, 07:30 PM
I figured out the problem--if I happen to connect device to computer and while IT IS IN THE PROCESS OF SYNCING if I try to switch webpages on my computer--my computer gives me server error. If I connect Siemens SX56 and let it sync AND THEN when finished sync, I then surf the web on computer no problem. Also, if my Inbox on my Siemens is not left in ACTVE SYNC inbox, but left in Yahoo (my email program) it interferes with my getting Yahoo Mail on my computer.

Thought you'd be interested in this behavior problem.