View Full Version : iPAQ 2215 in the gym !

kao123
11-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I have recently got a microdrive for my 2215 and plan to use it in the gym for listening to music, can anyone advise on a "gym proof" case.
Ideally it nedes to be sweatproof and have a belt clip. Does anynoe know of a case that might do the job ?

dave
11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
i have always used something like this:

http://www.casedirect.com/product_detail.asp?UID=2003111012255790&T1=CAS+NDM+1&menu=00

i use the cassette version, which i don't know if they make anymore... it is a little more PPC shaped than the CD version. they make a minidisc model, but it has an arm band rather than a waist band.

kao123
11-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Thanks Dave,
the cd one does seem a bit on the large side for just a 2215 ... cheers anyway, anyone else got any suggestions ?

Lex
11-12-2003, 08:54 PM
The thinnest fannie pack you can find may allow you to cinch it tight to your lower back if you're running or spinning, and move it to front or side for weights.

belfast-biker
11-15-2003, 01:09 AM
I have recently got a microdrive for my 2215 and plan to use it in the gym for listening to music, can anyone advise on a "gym proof" case.
Ideally it nedes to be sweatproof and have a belt clip. Does anynoe know of a case that might do the job ?

It's just not the ideal thing in a gym for me - too fragile. I smashed my Loox screen against a sofa doin't want to accidently kill my ipaq!

In a gym I use a handheld for recording weights in MySportTraining, so I'm forever taking it out to use it.

I don't have a case, so the screen gets sweaty - not good. I'm thinking of just using paper and pen in the future.

kao123
11-15-2003, 05:14 PM
After a really long search I finally found a case for my ipaq whilst in the gym, it's a minidisc player holder with belt clip.... cost me €8 and it has a belt clip..... :D
Found it in a Sony centre and it wasn't even a Sony product ?? in case anyone is after the same thing check MD accessories at www.am-denmark.com and it's the MD Bag !!

pootp
11-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Ideally it nedes to be sweatproof and have a belt clip. Does anynoe know of a case that might do the job ?just a question: which microdrive did you buy and for how much? I'm interested in doing the same.

Thanks a lot..