View Full Version : Syncing one Zune with 2 computers

Paul Martin
01-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Coming from the Pocket PC world, I'm new to how to sync the Zune with two computers. If my "home" machine is the main host, can I sync tunes from the work PC to it as well? If so, how do I best do that? I thought I had it down until I came home on Friday and discovered it had changed the work PC to the main host and I had to delete content and establish a new relationship with the home PC. :mad:

bvtiger09
01-23-2007, 05:46 AM
I believe that you will have to login as a guest to one of the computers. It just can't have two home computers.

Zunerama
01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
That is right, you really have to have one main computer that will be your Zune's home.

Your Zune player can then be a "guest" on your other computers.

You can change which of your PCs is your main computer. But when you do, the Zune software will clear the contents of your Zune player, and sync it with whatever's on the new computer. That behavior makes sense, but it can be surprise if you were intending to reverse sync the content on your player up to your new PC. Doesn't work that way, and I'm not aware of a way around it.

In that situation, your best bet is to transfer your content between your "old" PC and your "new" PC, so that you can get that content resynced when you establish the new PC as your Zune home.

Paul Martin
02-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks to all for the replies. I'll just be careful with the "guest" option. :)