View Full Version : Belt clips - how reliable?

terrypin
11-10-2003, 09:45 AM
I have a Krusell case for my 2210, which comes with a removable 'swivel clip' for attaching it to your belt. I found what seems a weakness with this. With 2210 in its clip on my belt, I dropped my car keys and quickly bent down to pick them up. 2210 popped out of the clip and dropped down to floor - luckily a carpeted hall.

Checking afterwards, it seems to take only a relatively modest push to slide it out. Not sure I'd trust it say on a hike, especially if any scrambling, steep climbing or pushing through bushes.

Anyone else use one of these and have any feedback please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

rhmorrison
11-10-2003, 10:19 AM
Checking afterwards, it seems to take only a relatively modest push to slide it out. Not sure I'd trust it say on a hike, especially if any scrambling, steep climbing or pushing through bushes.
That's why Vaja cases (http://www.vajacases.com) introduced the ULTRA CLIP! It only disengages when the case is rotated 90 degrees CW/CCW and the button on the clip is pushed. Highly recommended.

rzanology
11-10-2003, 01:57 PM
i always like the idea of belt clips because im very active during the day. And i can easily switch position of the ipaq on my waste...but a year ago when my ipaq feel out a car when i was getting in....i said THAT WAS IT!
No more belt clips for me. Im useing the HP case for the 2215 and im loving it!

Thinkingmandavid
11-10-2003, 04:01 PM
I have a belkin case for my toshiba and it works great. It wont come out of hte clip because you have to push teh button and then turn the case side ways for it to come off of the clip. I like that and havent had any trouble with it at all.