View Full Version : My Inbox...MY INBOX!!!!

Jason Dunn
11-10-2003, 06:21 AM
I'd like to announce that my Pocket PC Thoughts Inbox only has SIX email messages in it. 8O I've never had such a small number - a week ago there were over 250 messages.

I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, my wife, my dog Keiko... :lol:

Janak Parekh
11-10-2003, 06:38 AM
I hate you. :lol:

--janak

Jason Dunn
11-10-2003, 06:47 AM
I hate you. :lol:

See, if you were disciplined like me, you'd have no problem achieving such an amazing feat. :clap:

Heh.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol:

(my wife is poking me in the ribs for making such a false statement. she's just jealous that I have less email in my inbox then her)

Janak Parekh
11-10-2003, 06:53 AM
See, if you were disciplined like me, you'd have no problem achieving such an amazing feat. :clap:
I had 5 earlier this year. Then life got in the way. :cry: Now I'm hovering around 150...

The worst I ever got to was around 2,100 a few years ago. I then got really cranky about the situation, and I spent every free moment in the next week-and-a-half plowing through it (e.g., hours per day). This didn't include spam, mailing lists, etc., mind you... this was REAL email that had to be filed and/or dealt with.

--janak

Jason Dunn
11-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey Janak, guess what?

I GOTS ZERO EMAILS IN MA INBOX!

That's the southern way of saying it. You know. :mrgreen:

Dave Beauvais
11-10-2003, 07:07 AM
See, the trick here is to setup rules that filter things into appropriate folders. Then you can sit back and say, "See? My Inbox has only fifteen messages in it! <ahem...> Oh, uh, pay no attention to those folders with the three-digit numbers next to them..." ;)

Jason, I could tell you were a bit behind when I got a reply to a message I sent you two months ago. :lol:

--Dave

Jason Dunn
11-10-2003, 07:10 AM
Jason, I could tell you were a bit behind when I got a reply to a message I sent you two months ago. :lol:

Hey...umm....shaddaup. :lol:

ale2999
11-10-2003, 12:54 PM
you guys are funny. anyways all I get in my inbox is spam!

Lotto
11-10-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey Janak, guess what?

This sounds like SUCH a challenge, would you like us to fix that for you? :twisted:

Jason Dunn
11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
This sounds like SUCH a challenge, would you like us to fix that for you? :twisted:

No, no! :D I had 36 when I woke up this morning. :roll:

JackTheTripper
11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Hey Janak, guess what?

Damn! Ya just barly beat me to it! :evil:

Janak Parekh
11-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Ooooh. I like the sound of that. :grinning devil:

--janak

David Prahl
11-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Ooooh. I like the sound of that. :grinning devil:

--janak

And while we're at it, start sending in those PMs!

Let's see...I'll sign you for this....and this....."please send me promotional information from Microsoft partners".... :lol:

JustinGTP
11-10-2003, 07:54 PM
Oh, well I dont get emails in my inbox - only spam in my hotmail one, but for the paid one with my internet provider, zip, zippo!

Maybe Im sociably inept, but, im not running a business either. I talk on MSN a lot...

-Justin.

pschultz
01-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Jason, Janak, & all who get hundreds of emails a day: I am just currious, are most of these email from vendors or who (for example)? Do those emails also include the ones that people send you from Contact button? jw

Kati Compton
01-15-2004, 02:14 AM
Hey, man... You want my Friday newsletter bounces???

I think it's at like 350+ at this point... :razzing:

Janak Parekh
01-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Jason, Janak, & all who get hundreds of emails a day: I am just currious, are most of these email from vendors or who (for example)? Do those emails also include the ones that people send you from Contact button? jw
Well, as Kati implies, every PPCT member gets different types of email. I'd say that news submissions and press releases make up 50% of mine, then there's about 10% targeted email from me being on a CeBIT mailing list, perhaps another 25% or so for internal PPCT mailing lists, and 15% individual emails with PPCT team members or the general public.

That's just PPCT email. Then there's my-day-job-email, my friends-email, my mailing-lists-email, computers-I-administer-that-email-me... it's fairly typical for me to get ~ 100 emails on a weekday, and during the hectic times of the year, 200+. This does not include spam -- I filter that out.

--janak