View Full Version : 2 weeks later, sound dissapears from e355

benca1
11-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Perhaps someone can save me further headaches here. But I no longer have any sound from my PDA.

With headphones - loads of sounds. From music to screen taps and alarms.

Yes, I checked the control panels and the system volume is up all the way.

I did at least a dozen soft resets removing various audio and visual applications.

Finally, I went through the headache of a hard reset - thankfully I saved all of my registration numbers.

Still no sound at all through the speaker. Just headphones.

Is a return for warranty serivce inevitable?

Thanks.

Steven Cedrone
11-10-2003, 01:08 AM
You could try pushing in and pulling out your headphone jack a few times...

But it sounds like you have a problem...

Sorry...

Steve

Thinkingmandavid
11-10-2003, 04:42 PM
YOu bought it and with in two weeks it did this, so youshould still be in the return/exchange period of the e355.

benca1
11-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Oh man. Steven, unfortunately your suggestion worked! I grabbed some headphones, started playing Got to Give it Up, Marvin Gaye (great song) and finally began giving the mini-plug the 'ole in and out.

I started to despair, then voila! Sound through the main speaker. Followed by a string profanities.

Why would this be? Cheezy 150 dollar pda.

Interesting, because external speaker sound dissapeared when I was working on a large project and opted for listening to my mp3s through the pda for hours... with the headphones on.

:roll:

Steven Cedrone
11-10-2003, 07:04 PM
It sounds like a switch problem (the switch that cuts off your speaker when you insert your headphones). Since this device is only two weeks old, I would return it for a new one...

Steve

benca1
11-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks Steve! Will do. I'm glad I bought from amazon.