View Full Version : Lunar Eclipse...

Steven Cedrone
11-09-2003, 01:07 AM
I hope that if you are reading this, and you are in North America (not sure who else can see this), you are taking the time to glance at the moon every now and then...

We are seeing a really nice full eclipse tonight...

Steve

Jason Dunn
11-09-2003, 01:33 AM
Aiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee! I'm BLIND........BLIND!!!!! 8O

Oh, wait, that's the OTHER type of eclipse. :lol:

egads
11-09-2003, 01:35 AM
I hope that if you are reading this, and you are in North America (not sure who else can see this), you are taking the time to glance at the moon every now and then...

We are seeing a really nice full eclipse tonight...

Steve

I'm in the Chicago area, and its about 75% eclipsed. It's about 20 till 7:00 CST.

Cool...

Jeff Rutledge
11-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Aiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeee! I'm BLIND........BLIND!!!!! 8O

Oh, wait, that's the OTHER type of eclipse. :lol:

You jest, but I was kind of wondering that... 8)

bdegroodt
11-09-2003, 01:38 AM
The Post said the moon was supposed to turn a redish color. Anyone seeing it? It's as white as I can ever recall.

Steven Cedrone
11-09-2003, 01:44 AM
The Post said the moon was supposed to turn a redish color. Anyone seeing it? It's as white as I can ever recall.

Yes, the part of the moon in shadow, is red...

It looks awesome...

Steve

bdegroodt
11-09-2003, 01:47 AM
Yes, the part of the moon in shadow, is red...

It looks awesome...

Steve

Like really red? Or more like orange? Should I find my glasses? :lol:

Steven Cedrone
11-09-2003, 01:49 AM
Like really red? Or more like orange? Should I find my glasses? :lol:

Very dull red...

Steve

Bearjaw
11-09-2003, 02:59 AM
boy that sure is purdy...and long tooo........much longer than a solar eclipse....I wonder why?

gadfly
11-09-2003, 03:22 AM
boy that sure is purdy...and long tooo........much longer than a solar eclipse....I wonder why?

It's because the earth's shadow is much longer than that of the moon. Here's (http://www.dc.peachnet.edu/~pgore/astronomy/astr101/eclipses.htm) a pretty good link of the explanation.

delfuhd
11-09-2003, 03:38 AM
Well, I was on my way to my last Boy Scout fundraiser for my troop before I become get my eagle, and I was on the highway and I noticed the moon was at least twice the size as it normally is! I snapped a picture with a disposable camera I keep in my car for occasions where a picture is needed to be taken, but oh man I love it when the moon gets really big, it's so cool. Oh yes, and I saw the eclipse too. Hmm, I don't think it's that exciting.. I think solar eclipses are better, I remember the one a few years back.. I was super young but I remember being at school and Playing at recess and it was so dark outside... Ah, the good ol' days...

Darius Wey
11-09-2003, 05:45 AM
I got some nice pics when there was a full lunar eclipse here in Perth a while ago, and a nice video (about 10 minutes worth of the entire full solar eclipse they had here in 1999.

And when I got bored, I also took pics of Mars recently when it was closest to Earth with my digital camera. Not that I can see the craters or anything but I got the nice orangeness of it.

ale2999
11-09-2003, 10:45 AM
guys it was good, althought it got dark the moon was still visible. I wish I had a lady to share that special moment with, instead I had my baby (ipaq lol)

JustinGTP
11-10-2003, 04:40 AM
I missed it because I was driving to work :( Stupid work! Anyways, It would have been perfect because we live in an estate outside of the city :cry:

-Justin.

ctmagnus
11-10-2003, 06:08 AM
I was wondering why it was so dark when I had the dog out for her walk yesterday. I didn't even know about the eclipse.