View Full Version : Ipaq's ?

jnajera
11-08-2003, 05:08 PM
How many of you think that HP will continue to support the "original" Ipaq form factor? Or do you guy's think they will ditch it? I personally would like it if they would continue to support it, after all it does look like there is enough room in the market to TRY to please everyone. The way it's looking it is a big ? mark.

PetiteFlower
11-10-2003, 11:46 PM
My guess only for the 5xxx and maybe upcoming 6xxx series. Seems like there's more need for it in the business world(where those devices are targeted) and less in the consumer world--consumers want smaller and cheaper. At least that's how the manufacturers seem to see it....and for the most part I'd think they're right. Except for a few specialty uses(barcode scanners for example), I see the whole "sleeve" thing as a big detriment rather then a feature the average consumer would want.

Myrddin
11-11-2003, 09:36 AM
I LOVE the 'original'-ish form factor of the iPaqs. Brilliant. And no, I don't even use sleeves. I just love it. And the screen size (3.8" vs. 3.5" on most new devices) is also great!

ghostppc
11-13-2003, 03:35 AM
"All good things must come to an end....." Don't know how long HP will continue to support the older models. But I love the sleeve factor. I currently use them and prefer them because they give you connection and expansion to just about anything. And you can ditch them if they aren't needed. The newer ppc's are yes lighter, but some of them give you the choice of only one expansion slot, with no way to add on.