View Full Version : battery life for h1935

tdrake
11-07-2003, 08:44 PM
Hello all,
I just bought my first pocket pc -- the h1935 and I am really happy with it. I was just wondering what is the best way to get good battery life out of the PPC. I am hearing two schools of thought and want to know which one is correct.

The first school says that you should charge it fully the first time before turning it on and then always run it amost out of battery before you put it on the charger to recharge. Overtime this is supposed to teach the battery to last longer I guess.

The 2nd school is that I should charge it fully the first time but that it does not hurt the battery to charge it any time that is convenient for me and the battery does not have to be used completely and then completely recharged.

So let me know what teh consensus is out there for PPCs.
I appreciate your feedback.

Tdrake :)

Oliver Mitchell
11-07-2003, 09:02 PM
hi tdrake

because ipaqs are fitted with a lithium-ion batteries it means they don't suffer from memory effect from recharging without a full discharge so it's ok for you to charge it whenever is convenient for you rather than having to run the battery down

Pat Logsdon
11-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Oliver Mitchell is correct. If you'd like more information, Janak posted a link to the ultimate battery guide in this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9063). Very interesting stuff. 8)

tdrake
11-08-2003, 12:53 AM
Thanks Mitchell and Snack -- that article was very interesting and did clear up some questions.

Nice to know there is a place where one can get good info in a timely manner from people who know their stuff.

Drake