View Full Version : easy way to generate printable list of installed apps?

barky81
11-06-2003, 07:21 PM
I am preparing to "start over", and am wondering if there is an easy way to generate an exportable/printable list of all installed apps?

Brad Adrian
11-06-2003, 11:12 PM
I don't know of any easy or automated way to do this, because you're likely to end up missing something is you rely only upon your Programs screen, Remove Programs listing or registry entries.

I just decided to bite the bullet and created a spreadsheet that lists each program name, any registration codes and installed location (internal, storage card, etc.). I had to look "everywhere" (programs screen, registry, etc.) to make sure I got them all, but now starting over is simpler.

You could try to use the CeAppMgr.exe program, but that really displays software that you've installed any time in the past, not what you currently have on your device.

Anybody have any easier ideas?

dlangton
11-06-2003, 11:38 PM
The only way I've found is to use Pocket Tools at http://www.citadeldevelopment.com/products/ptools.aspx . You can export installed apps into HTML, but the list isn't sorted alphabetically.

Kati Compton
11-06-2003, 11:44 PM
I store my registration codes in FlexWallet. Might be useful to keep the list of programs in there as well (just without reg codes if they're not needed). It has a desktop counterpart, so you can read the list off of there as you're installing software back onto your PPC.

Kaber
11-07-2003, 01:17 AM
Don't forget the programs that are just .exe files you copied onto the device. Like Remover. They won't show up in the Remove Programs window.