View Full Version : Your PPC and a Bluetooth Phone

DimensionZero
11-05-2003, 10:25 PM
okay, so I wanted to get a better idea of what kind of cool things one can do with the Bluetooth PPC and phone..

We know that you can dial contacts, connect to the net, and SMS.. but what else?

I'm curious, are you able to have the phone show you who's calling on the PPC? (call comes in, phone sends number to PPC, PPC shows contact info/picture/whatever...)

Just wondering if it's worth getting a Bluetooth enabled phone...

Thanks!!

freitasm
11-05-2003, 11:55 PM
Not really. Programs like Float Mobile Agent (for Windows) or iSync (native on Mac OS X) connect to the mobile phone and keep the connection alive. When a call comes in, the phone sends a notification through this connection and the program shows a pop up with an announcement. Very cool.

I don't know of anything like this for Windows Mobile or Palm.

Robb Bates
11-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Well, I have a T610 and I can down and upload pictures, themes, and ringtones. With my setup, I can take a picture of something and upload it to my website. I plan on doing this when my new son is born in less than four weeks. Less than four weeks???? AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh, and how about this. Stream internet talk-radio from my phone's GPRS to my PPC and listen to it on my bluetooth headset. Pretty darn geeky-cool!

Robb Bates

Shadowcat
11-12-2003, 07:29 AM
Not really. Programs like Float Mobile Agent (for Windows) or iSync (native on Mac OS X) connect to the mobile phone and keep the connection alive. When a call comes in, the phone sends a notification through this connection and the program shows a pop up with an announcement. Very cool.

I don't know of anything like this for Windows Mobile or Palm.

Running Voice GSM perhaps? Or maybe mPhone? I'm just guessing here.

Jon Westfall
11-12-2003, 07:34 AM
I'm searching for something cool to do with my i-mate, since its a phone and PDA, so the integrated bluetooth really only serves to connect me to a headset. Anyone know of anything neat to do with bluetooth that isn't too expensive?

Thinkingmandavid
11-12-2003, 04:27 PM
I only know of to phones, pdas, computers, printers, headphones for pda, headphones for listening to music.
Anything that is bluetooth enabled you will be able to communicate using your bluetooth enabled device.

aroma
11-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Anything that is bluetooth enabled you will be able to communicate using your bluetooth enabled device.

<glossy eyed look>If only this were true...</glossy eyed look> This is the ideal, but not reality, unfortunately.

- Aaron

maximus
11-13-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah .. it depends on the kind of profiles supported by the bluetooth device. Example: try connecting a sony-ericsson's bluetooth headset to a motorola V600....

Candygogo
11-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Besides the SMS, dialing onto the 'net and all, through Bluetooth Manager I was able to ftp some programs from my Ppc to my Nokia 3650.

Sometimes the bluetooth setup on my computer gets 'cranky' so I'll install the Nokia files on a memory card, slip it in the Ppc, click on BT Manager and let the files transport. It's a pain in the @ss sometimes :roll: but it gets the job done.