View Full Version : Oen box/refurb thoughts

britchick
11-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi everyone,

I am such a newbie, I have not even got my first Pocket PC yet but am going to real soon. After much research I have narrowed it down to an e755.

My question is: is it a good idea to get an open box Pocket PC or a refurbed one compared to a brand new boxed PPC off the shelf? I ask because my local Circuit City just so happens to have an open box e755 running 2002. I am tempted to get it as it's just $270.

Also, I am planning on having this model for some time as I think it will be more than adequate for my needs. Is an extended warranty something I need? I am worried that something inside the unit might get faulty over time.

Any opinions from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

dh
11-05-2003, 05:07 PM
I don't think I would have a problem with an openbox device as long as it looks like a new one with no marks or scratches.

It should come with the full warranty so you are OK in that area as well.

I've never bought any PDA in a store, so I don't know anything about the extended warranties they offer. However, you mentioned you want to keep the e755 for a reasonable time, so it might be a good idea investing some of the money you are saving for a longer warranty.

jpjehu
11-05-2003, 05:17 PM
find out why it's an open box. if it's an under 14 day return - then it should be fine. if it's a demo/display model - there's no way i'd do it. i think you can get the unit new for $350 anyway, so you're only paying a little more for perfection.

Thinkingmandavid
11-09-2003, 03:04 PM
I would jump on it. That is a great price and an open box is not bad. I would also get the warranty with it, and see what the return policy is, like was said is it 14 days or maybe it is even 30. :wink: