View Full Version : Hi Speed Internet.

freakygreek
11-05-2003, 03:03 AM
Hi again,
This time my question concerns connecting to the internet. I'm currently using Bell Sympatico High Speed where there is of course no dial up. When I tried to set up my hp it asked for a dial up number is there no way I can use my current High Speed connection to surf on my unit. I don't really want to have two accounts a dial-up for my Hp and High for my desk top. I'm trying to do this while my unit is in the cradle my desk-top isn't set up with bluetooth or ir.

Many thanks

JustinGTP
11-05-2003, 03:34 AM
When your PDA is in the cradle and has done syncing, you need to go to (on the desktop), Tools > Options > Rules. On the very bottom of the rules page it should say "Pass Through" and then you should select "The Internet" from the drop down box.

Hope this helps,

-Justin.

freakygreek
11-05-2003, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the info I'm now online,but my screen flickers and some of the graphics did not load any suggestions.

MANY THANKS .

JustinGTP
11-05-2003, 04:01 AM
The graphics that dont load are going to happen. It is something with Pocket IE getting the image correct. If you type in the URL of the image, it will work, but it wont on the page. I dont know about your flickering screen though!

-Justin.

freakygreek
11-05-2003, 04:10 AM
The screen flicker seemed to happen only when I was posting the message. Right now everything is fine viewing my yahoo mail. Is there something I can do to fit the image on my screen. I know there's wrap around for adobe is their a setting for IE.

Many Thanks

JustinGTP
11-05-2003, 05:06 AM
The screen flicker seemed to happen only when I was posting the message. Right now everything is fine viewing my yahoo mail. Is there something I can do to fit the image on my screen. I know there's wrap around for adobe is their a setting for IE.

Many Thanks

Yes, go to Pocket IE and then on the bottom, go to View, and then click "Fit to Screen" - On graphical sites, it will do its best, but on pure text and tables sites, no problem.

-Justin.

freakygreek
11-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Honda,
Thanks for the info again I already had the fit to screen activated oh well I shouldn't complain this is still so cool. Can't wait to go wireless need cash to buy card.

Thanks again