View Full Version : Activesync Guest Issue - works for Wifi (home & work) but not BT

PeteTh
11-04-2003, 11:10 AM
I've been trying to solve the Activesync connecting as Guest issue for months now.

I have tried the new Activesync 3.7.1 and I now find that Wifi ActiveSync works both at Home and at Work.

However, I prefer to use Bluetooth connection (using Network Access not serial) at work but it keeps connecting as Guest, I've tried with and without PocketHosts.

I have noticed that the folder \Windows\Profiles\guest keeps appearing on PPC (ipaq 2210). I've tried deleting it, renaming to my work PC name all to no avail ?

Can anyone else get both Wifi and BT to Sync correctly.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

doogald
11-04-2003, 03:47 PM
However, I prefer to use Bluetooth connection (using Network Access not serial) at work but it keeps connecting as Guest, I've tried with and without PocketHosts.

When you say with and without Pocket Hosts, do you mean that you are uninstalling Pocket Hosts, or are you also deleting the host from the list in Pocket Hosts?

Pocket Hosts is a helper application that puts the host information into the registry. Uninstalling Pocket Hosts does not actually remove the host information that it placed into the registry, IIRC.

PeteTh
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
doogald,

To be honest I've tried both, initally just unchecking the hostname entries I had set up in PocketHosts then they just move into HostsInactive in the registry. Also tried uninstalling but no difference.

thanks anyway

ctmagnus
11-05-2003, 05:38 AM
The \Windows\Profiles\guest folder is where all your temporary internet files, history and cookies are stored. It has nothing to do with ActiveSync profiles.