View Full Version : Can't connect new ipaq 1930 with USB

josemaria
11-04-2003, 09:21 AM
I have installed activesync. I have tried both the one that comes in the CD and the latest version from internet, when activesync tells me to connect the PDA, I connect with the USB connection that comes in the box. First it says something like "new hardware found", in a small window at the bottom right of the screen. So somehow the computer detects the PDA but in the end it says it could not be connected, or the process failed, I think it says something like there is no available driver ( this is all translation from my spanish version, so I cannot say the exact english words ).

I have tried with 2 computers, both with the same result, one with win XP and the other with Win 2000. I have also rebooted the hp 1930 by pressing with a stick into a small hole at the back of the unit, to the right. Also no result.

Pressing the next button in the activesync windows does not help. It checks com ports, usb, etc, but can't find the PDA.

PLEASE HELP !!!

josemaria
11-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Update:

I have tried in a third PC with windows XP and the message seems to be that "the USB connection is not recognized" (free translation from spanish).

Any ideas ?

Chris Spera
11-04-2003, 04:47 PM
It sounds as though you have a USB problem on the PC side.

Are you connecting directly to a USB port or to a HUB? If you're on a hub, try connecting directly to the USB port. Some USB ports are underpowered to begin with. As a result, you may be bumping into a problem where the signal is getting "lost" between the device and the USB port.

If that's the case, the best way to resolve the problem is by connecting directly to the computer's USB port.

If you are already directly connected, you may STILL have a problem with the USB port. Try connecting a different USB device to that port and see if that device is properly detected and is usable.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

josemaria
11-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Thanks for your advice.

In the end I went to the shop where I had bought it, with a notebook to be able to do a simple test in the shop. We tried changing the USB wire and it worked. I had not been able to do this test at home because I had no spare wire.

So they replaced the wire and everything solved.

Thanks for your advice anyway.