View Full Version : Please Excuse Our Appearance...

Janak Parekh
11-04-2003, 02:15 AM
We're in the process of upgrading the ad server so that it's more stable and reliable. Fabrizio has also tweaked the ad server code so that it reduces the load on our server. However, some banners and featured graphics may appear broken for the next few hours while the configuration is ported over. Thanks for your patience! :D

JustinGTP
11-04-2003, 02:53 AM
Oh, I am going to be so sad and unsatisfied with PPCT because the ads are missing. Bring me back my Ads!!!

LOL, just joking,

You can leave them off if you want :wink:

(But I know that you couldnt because you couldnt afford it)

-Justin.

dean_shan
11-04-2003, 03:03 AM
You can leave them off if you want :wink:

(But I know that you couldnt because you couldnt afford it)

If you become a subscriber you can turn off ads. That's what I did.

ctmagnus
11-04-2003, 03:30 AM
And PayPal now works with Canadian bank accounts! (or so they claim - I'm still waiting for my deposit from them so I can verify my account.)

cpoole
11-04-2003, 03:35 AM
I do not mind the ads. Most are professional looking and represent real companies. I have clicked through more than one of them to look at their products.

I am suprised when the annoying flashing "you are a winner" ads appear... these ads seem so out of character with the site. I think that maybe you should shed some of the more tacky ads.

Ed Hansberry
11-04-2003, 03:45 AM
I do not mind the ads. Most are professional looking and represent real companies. I have clicked through more than one of them to look at their products.
Ditto. I have the ability to turn them off but don't. They aren't obnoxious and can be useful.

OSUKid7
11-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Yeah, the ads on this site are actually relevent to PocketPCs, etc. I've actually looked at some of the sites because they were relevent to a recent news post.

Congrats to the PPCT staff. :way to go:

Janak Parekh
11-04-2003, 04:56 AM
I am suprised when the annoying flashing "you are a winner" ads appear... these ads seem so out of character with the site. I think that maybe you should shed some of the more tacky ads.
I believe these are "excess ads" that act as filler -- advertisers usually buy a fixed number of impressions, and when those are used up/allotted you'll see the generic ones. If you don't see them, it means Jason's selling advertising well. :) Unfortunately, I don't think we have much of a say as to what the filler is, except for the general tech area. :cry:

--janak