View Full Version : Capturing Video ???

nasaman007
11-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Hello,

I have a TV tuner card in my desktop PC. I'm able to watch and record tv to a file just fine. I do have a problem when it comes to getting Windows Media Encoder to capture the video so I can broadcast the video over my WIFI network. I also have trouble getting WME to see the video of my dvd viewing software. In both instances, the audio is captured fine and broadcasts fine. I have tried telling it what program to use as the video source, what window, what area of the screen.

Any ideas of what i'm doing wrong? I'm running XP, and have WME 9.

Thanks for any help!

Nutz

bigds63
11-03-2003, 08:02 PM
nasaman007, You might want to go check out my guides, www.bigdsvideo.com , I have guides on DVD ripping, Encoding with Divx and Windows Media format. And also how to broadcast TV over your Wireless Lan. Click on the sample video link at my website to see the quality of the divx video. Hope this helps yah....

nasaman007
11-03-2003, 11:47 PM
Hey - Thanks for the info. I've visted your site and can't wait to get home and give some of that a try. To my sadness, no tv tuner card at work. :lol:

nasaman007
11-05-2003, 04:40 AM
I just wanted to say thank you one more time. after getting home and working throudh you step by step, i was able to capture the video I wanted and it works wonderfully!!

Nutz

bigds63
11-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Your very welcome nasaman, since you have no tv tuner at work, now you can encode your own video for your pda and have your tv in your pocket to take to work,hehe...Thats what I do....