View Full Version : Software for Teachers?

Godsongz
11-03-2003, 06:22 PM
OK, we've talked about this before but I'd just like to see if anyone out there has found anything new in the line of software for teachers. Gradebook, attendance tracking, lesson planning and all rolled up into a nice package.

RollCall from Pocket Innovations was the only thing I've found that approaches the goal but it never quite reached it. Its brutally slow under PPC2002, and does not even install under WM2003. Pocket Innovations (though they won't even admit it and apparently still sell it) appears to have abandoned supporting the product. :devilboy:

Any ideas?

Godsongz
11-03-2003, 10:55 PM
bump

Glohamar
11-04-2003, 04:25 AM
I just did a quick search at pocketpcsoft.net and found one called Teachers Agenda. lt is up to version one and released a few weeks ago.
l am not a teacher, just trying to help.

HTH :)

Dave

Godsongz
11-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Glohamar, you rock! :rock on dude!: From the description it looks like it has the functionality and for $8 its worth a try.

I just bought it and will be trying it out in the real world, thanks again.

Glohamar
11-07-2003, 02:00 AM
Glad I could help. :lol:

Dave

maikii
11-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Glohamar, you rock! :rock on dude!: From the description it looks like it has the functionality and for $8 its worth a try.

I just bought it and will be trying it out in the real world, thanks again.

Well, please tell us more about the product, what it does, and how well it works for you.

Thank you.

David Prahl
11-09-2003, 02:28 AM
A program that had student and teacher versions would be wonderful. Students could grab assignments or submit homework wirelessly, and all of it would be tracked and stored on the teacher's device.Of course, every student and teacher would need to have a PPC....<sigh>

Godsongz
11-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Well, please tell us more about the product, what it does, and how well it works for you.

Well, it is pretty basic really, and the layout isn't the greatest. RollCall was more robust, but that product is a lost cause. I'm beginning to think its time to write my own app.

pocketpcfox
11-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Well, I'd try various searches at handango too. Here is the link for 'teacher' with 62 results. Some perhaps not what you're looking for but...

http://www.handango.com/PlatformSearch.jsp?siteId=1&jid=7D97BB2CE37532D2C12E7BDFBA56D774&platformId=2&txtSearch=teacher&optionId=1_2_2