View Full Version : Halloween - PocketPC Costume

jfreiman
11-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Well, I dare say that I went out on Halloween as an iPAQ 4155 PocketPC!

In San Francisco there is a HUGE gathering in "the Castro" for parading, wandering and watching bands on three stages. Many people dress up, most don't.

Most people there were great and many people grabbed my stylus and started poking me! ;)

The people who knew exactually what I was stopped and posed for a picture with me - it was quite fun, one even worked for HP.

However, more than 80% of all people I heard comment on my costume called my costume a PALM!!! Ahhhh!

The only other "gadget" I saw was a Nokia phone - an older model.

Did anyone else dress up for Halloween as there favorite PocketPC, or am I the only one?

qmrq
11-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Pictures!

dean_shan
11-01-2003, 08:50 AM
Pictures!
I second that. Did you get any?

jfreiman
11-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Did I get any pictures?

Sort of, my digital camera was recently stolen and I haven't replaced it yet. I've got a couple of 35mm pictures taken at a neighbors apt.

I'm having them developed tomorrow and will have a CD made of them as well.

I'll post them as soon as possible.

prismejon
11-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Can't wait to see the pictures!

jfreiman
11-02-2003, 11:02 PM
I want to upload a picture from my hard drive, but I'm having a little trouble...

I see how to insert an image from the web, but is there a way I can redirect it to look at my local machine instead?

Kati Compton
11-02-2003, 11:10 PM
I want to upload a picture from my hard drive, but I'm having a little trouble...

I see how to insert an image from the web, but is there a way I can redirect it to look at my local machine instead?
AFAIK only if your local machine is a webserver.

Sven Johannsen
11-03-2003, 02:51 AM

AFAIK only if your local machine is a webserver.

And you don't want to do that without some serious protection. Opening incoming ports is just inviting hackers. Does the ISP you use not provide some meager web space? That's a good place to upload pictures and then point to it. Let the ISP worry about the hackers, that's what you pay them for.