View Full Version : PdaPanache Owners: My PdaPanache Stylus for Ipaq 2200 is Possessed w/ Evil Spirit!

cataclyzm
10-31-2003, 08:01 PM
I am having problems with my stylus that I bought from Pdapanache for my Ipaq 2215 and I would like to know if I share the same frustrations with anyone.

I just bought a stylus for my Ipaq 2215 from pdapanache and my first impression was it is very impressive. The stylus itself is very classy and I like the way it fits on my Ipaq.

I've had my Ipag for more than 2 months and I have never experienced any problems with its performance. I have only quite a few programs installed so it is pretty much in its factory condition. As soon as I got my stylus from pdapanache I immediately plugged it in the silo and I was very excited. Then this is when the problems start occurring. My programs keep on freezing and seem to be running slow. Then one time after using the stylus I placed it back in the silo and it performed a soft reset... that was when I start thinking that maybe it is the stylus that is causing the poor performance. But I know it is a crazy thought. I mean, how could a stylus affect the performance of my pocketpc? So I continued to use the stylus and it became worse. This time when I plugged the stylus back to the silo it performed a hard reset which erases all my data. Luckily I have a back up copy, so after restoring my settings I went back to use the original stylus and everything works perfectly. So I thought maybe I just have a nasty program that is causing the problems and after the hard reset it is gone. So I used the pdapanache stylus again and it happened again... it performed another hard reset and I started to experience constant freezes with my ipaq.

I emailed pdapanache about my situation and the only response that I got is that if I am not satisfied I can return the stylus within 30 days, with no questions ask.

I really liked the stylus but with what is happening I might return it back.

Am I crazy or what?

Need some advice...thanks!!!

Dave Beauvais
10-31-2003, 08:21 PM
See if you can peer into the silo with a small flashlight. On my old Toshiba e740, the silo wasn't completely enclosed inside. In fact, when looking down into it, you can actually see exposed portions of a circuit board. I suspect that the metal stylus may be coming into contact with exposed circuit components causing them to short.

I don't believe the stylus is the cause of poor performance, but since the soft and hard resets are occurring when you put the stylus in the silo, the electrical short theory seems to be the most likely cause. If that is, indeed, the cause, PDA Panache needs to be made aware of this issue immediately.

--Dave

Itanium
10-31-2003, 11:39 PM
:)

This is for you (http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92185)

And this.. (http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1182#2452)

And this.. (http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1187#2451) :D

cataclyzm
11-01-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks Dave! I peeked into the silo last night and guess what? You are right, the board must be touching the stylus which is causing my ipaq to do a hard reset. I'm just curious am I the first one who noticed this?

Janak Parekh
11-01-2003, 08:00 PM
Nope -- check the links that Itanium provided. It seems to be a more widespread problem than it should be. :(

--janak

cataclyzm
11-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks Janak for referring me to Itanium's links. I'm such a dork! I thought Itanium was just giving me a hard time by giving me those smileys! haha Anyways the links were very helpful and I was able to find a quick fix to the problem. One of the posts from the link suggested to put some lacquer or superglue on the groove (ribbed part) of the stylus. A transparent nail polish will also work. But knowing that there is no protective casing in the silo, I just used a super clear tape to cover the groove of my stylus. I don't want to put dust on the inside since there will be constant grinding when you take the stylus in and out the silo. I just actually covered the lower part of the groove with the tape and it worked.

I have been using my ipaq for a day with my pdapanache stylus (with the clear tape) and I have not experienced a single reset. I even twist and turn it from the inside and nothing happened.

Hope this helps....

Thanks Itanium for pasting the links. I really appreciate it! and thanks for the smileys too...

JustinGTP
11-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Whoa, Im not going to buy one of those now! That is weird!

-Justin.