View Full Version : Asus 620BT question

Kati Compton
10-30-2003, 11:21 PM
I have a question about the Asus 620BT. Does anyone know for sure if the BT radio can be turned off to save battery? I'm guessing yes... The only reason I'd get the BT model (as a gift for my husband) is for the extra 32MB ROM.

Jason Dunn
10-31-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm 99% sure you can turn it off, although I don't have one of those units here to confirm that.

Kati Compton
10-31-2003, 12:20 AM
That's what I'm guessing. ;)

So I went ahead and ordered it. :D

hellogts
01-04-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes you can turn it off
I am using it

MichaelA
01-18-2004, 10:30 AM
I'm surprised people don't seem to be using BT. I haven't used my cradle yet! I ordered an IOgear USB BT adaptor before my A620BT arrived and it has worked perfectly both at home and work. I just ordered another adaptor last week so now I won't have to carry the thing back and forth on weekends. :)

sp0om
02-26-2004, 05:22 PM
whats so great about blue tooth? does it just make it so you dont have to use a cradle? im kinda new to blue tooth

MichaelA
02-26-2004, 05:45 PM
It's basically wireless cable replacement. Although you can use it to share contacts wirelessly, and connect to a wireless headset (or your desktop speakers), I tend to use it for two things. It's the only way I connect to Activesync at work and at home. I also use it to gain network access to my computer at home if I want to be lazy and surf the web away from my PC (or run VNC and control my PC), or at work when I'm in a particularly boring meeting and close enought to my office PC. :wink:

It's not meant to replace wifi, but you can use it for similar things, although the range isn't as good. It's also possible to set up a mini ad-hoc network between bluetooth enabled devices, which would be great for playing games. Unfortunately few games have network support on the Pocket PC.