View Full Version : Is this Wrong Location for Temp Internet Files?

Gator5000e
10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
I am not sure if this is a WM 2003 issue, but since loading it on my X5, my Temp Internet files are now located in the following folders:

Windows/Profiles/guest/Temporary Internet Files.

This does not appear correct to me and my temp file cleaning software does not see these folders. I have to clean out these folders manually.

Anyone have an idea how to fix it without a hard reset?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Islanti
10-30-2003, 06:28 PM
The new location of the Temporary Internet Files is a feature of Windows Mobile 2003. Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be a way to move the location of the T.I.F. directory (to, say, an SD card). You'll have to wait for the software vendors to update their utilities to recognize this change.

Gator5000e
10-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Ok, thanks Islanti!!

Gator5000e
10-30-2003, 08:37 PM
Quick follow up question - inside the directories, there are 4 sub folders that contain the actual temp internet files. Each of these folders has a file called Desktop in them. When you try to delete the contents of these folders, you get the message you are trying to delete a system file.

Question - are these files needed or can they be deleted as well?

Thanks again for any responses.

Mark_Venture
11-01-2003, 02:10 AM
Quick follow up question - inside the directories, there are 4 sub folders that contain the actual temp internet files. Each of these folders has a file called Desktop in them. When you try to delete the contents of these folders, you get the message you are trying to delete a system file.

Question - are these files needed or can they be deleted as well?
Well, I delete then all the time. I select the folders and delete them and everything in them. When I get the pop-up about the desktop.ini, I say yes to all.