View Full Version : Does Such An SD Card Exist?

Chuckwrox
10-30-2003, 01:04 AM
Is there an SDIO card out there that will double as a memory card? I have an iPaq 1935 and would like to have my cake and eat it, too.

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 02:39 AM
Is there an SDIO card out there that will double as a memory card? I

HOw can it double what it already is?

JustinGTP
10-30-2003, 02:46 AM

Thats what I was thinking but I wasnt too sure, but now that you have mentioned it...

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 02:49 AM
I had also thought maybe he meant wi fi and memory with it, but the question doesnt near lead to that. At least we know we arent goign crazy dude

rnuqui
10-30-2003, 03:05 AM
I had also thought maybe he meant wi fi and memory with it, but the question doesnt near lead to that. At least we know we arent goign crazy dude

I believe that's what exactly what he meant: wifi, camera, bar scanner SD cards that double as a memory card. He did say SDIO, didn't he? And plain SD memory cards do not need to be SDIO, do they? Or am I the one who's confused? :?

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 03:19 AM
Is there an SDIO card out there that will double as a memory card?
probably the better way to word it would have been asking if there are any secure digital memory cards such as wi fi that can be use as memory at the sam time. duel purpose cards.
his wording makes it sound odd. sdio can easily be taken as he was referring to the idea of the slot.

Janak Parekh
10-30-2003, 03:43 AM
So, assuming the three of you, who have said the exact same thing, are correct... the answer is: not at this time. Sandisk has said in the past that they will release a SDIO WiFi+memory card, but I've seen no actual signs of it hitting the market anytime soon. The SDIO WiFi cards have just come out in the first place, and we'll need even more miniaturization before you get the combo solution.

--janak

JustinGTP
10-30-2003, 03:46 AM
So, assuming the three of you, who have said the exact same thing, are correct... the answer is: not at this time. Sandisk has said in the past that they will release a SDIO WiFi+memory card, but I've seen no actual signs of it hitting the market anytime soon. The SDIO WiFi cards have just come out in the first place, and we'll need even more miniaturization before you get the combo solution.

--janak

In that Case, I want the Combo #1, with Onion rings instead of fries, and a Large Coke.

Oh, oops, wrong post. (Gotta love some humour)

I want to see a CF WiFi/Memory - That I would buy in a, lets say, flash!

-Justin.

:lol::lol::lol:

Janak Parekh
10-30-2003, 03:47 AM
http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/connectplus_wifi.asp

--janak

JustinGTP
10-30-2003, 03:48 AM
http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/connectplus_wifi.asp

--janak

Dammit. You're too good. I must keep on top of things. Google isnt too promising for me :(

Chuckwrox
10-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Is there an SDIO card out there that will double as a memory card? I have an iPaq 1935 and would like to have my cake and eat it, too.

You kids are cute.

The sentence really is perfectly clear if you'll just slow down and read the words. An SDIO *card* describes a Secure Digital card that can run wifi services, not a memory card SLOT. By stating that I was looking for an SDIO card, it is obvious that I'm not asking for a slot AND that I'm not talking about a memory card since SDIO doesn't refer to memory. In this sense, the verb 'double' does not refer to a quantity or volume (it either is or it isn't a radio, so what sort of volume or quantity could be infered?), but it instead refers to performing more than one service. eg, "The clown doubled as both lion tamer and lion lunch." There really wasn't anything unclear about it.

I figured it was a dream, but at least SanDisk seems to have plans for it down the road. Thanks to those of you who could help.[/i]

spursdude
10-30-2003, 07:35 AM
SDIO doesn't only apply to WiFi - could be other accessories that work through the SD slot. Don't get me wrong though, I feel your pain about the numerous not-too-helpful responses.

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Is there an SDIO card out there that will double as a memory card?
First of all we have obviously come to yes.

Secondly, just because you understood the question in its wording doesnt mean everyone else did. im communication message sent isnt always message recieved. 8)

Thirdly, dont call me kid. Because I am not one, I wouldnt mind being younger but then cant go back. :mrgreen:

Fourth, a sdio card does not only refer to a wi fi card, card is a general term so you can use the slot in a few different ways.

Fifth, ecost is offering some good deals and that is for those wanting cf memory + wi fi. I know Janak mentioned it, I always do an ecost search first before google :wink:
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/showcase/default.asp?showcase=digital_media

putthegundownkinkade
10-30-2003, 12:24 PM
[Is there an SDIO card out there that will double as a memory card? I have an iPaq 1935 and would like to have my cake and eat it, too.]

Chuckrox,

well i thought that was exactly the right way to ask that question, don't understand why anyone found that difficult to understand.

Funny though how SD is really taking off when it has slower read/write speeds, less functionality and is more expensive than cf, i know that it's got a better form factor and can take a knock or two but it's not exactly 'the future' is it, or am i missing something?[/quote]

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 04:03 PM
It is for sure more expensive. Just going to ecost reminds me of how much expensive it is.
When I buy some sd memory It is for sure going ot be from ecost because it is just way to high. Scandisk is coming out with a 1gig, I can only imagine the price on that one.

Kati Compton
10-30-2003, 05:16 PM
For those who deliberately misunderstood the question - please stop giving newbies a hard time by barraging them with nonsense like this and giving them a hard time.

People who have been here a while will be merely annoyed by your posts. But people who are new could be scared off, and we don't want that.

Ed Hansberry
10-30-2003, 06:35 PM
For those who deliberately misunderstood the question - please stop giving newbies a hard time by barraging them with nonsense like this and giving them a hard time.
:clap:

Thinkingmandavid
10-30-2003, 09:42 PM

Kati Compton, I dont know who you were referring to because I did not deliberately misunderstand anyone. I dont think justin did but Maybe I am wrong. Where you got that I have no idea. So since you brought up please state exactly who you are referring to. When I look at my posts I dont see anything of the such, in fact, I see myself trying to understand where he was coming from. You are more than welcome to check out when newbies have come my normal response is "Howdy".

Ed Hansberry
10-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Thinkingman,

Assuming you understand what an SDIO card is, your answer is a bit frustrating. If you don't understand what an SDIO card is, you shouldn't answer.

Thinkingmandavid
10-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Assuming you understand what an SDIO card is, your answer is a bit frustrating. If you don't understand what an SDIO card is, you shouldn't answer.

ED, did you ever see where I said I didnt know what a sdio card is?
If you look closely at my posts, you can see that I was reading the quesiton differently than what he had intended,bottom line.
Your "if you dont understand what an SDIO card is, you shouldn't answer" is crud and you know it. HOw is it possible I said I read the question diferenlty more than once and you still dont get it?
I can understand if it is a bit frustrating for him if i dont get it and he gets an answer he isnt looking for. is he the first? nope. will he be the last? nope.

YOu used my words in your quote talking about double memory, I had already responded to that, so it is obvious. :clap:

Steven Cedrone
10-31-2003, 03:16 PM
All right, please take this "dissagreement" off-line...

Thanks,

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator