View Full Version : Toshiba e405 has 8-way control pad

UberGeek
10-29-2003, 09:32 PM
I was setting the record button on my e405 to the <none> setting when I noticed a couple of extra tabs in the button setting window.
One was for the Up/Down control.
It allows you to select the delay and repeat rate of the scroll wheel.

The other tab is for the Directional Control
One of the settings it to select either 4-way or 8-way pad control.
The other allows you to set the scroll wheel button to return to the previous window with a press and hold.

the ability to select a 4 or 8 way control pad should make game play interesting.

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Thats very interesting, now only if I could do that, but I am not so sure of games that need you to have 8 way directionals! :D

EndlessNameless
11-04-2003, 02:22 AM
I was setting the record button on my e405 to the <none> setting when I noticed a couple of extra tabs in the button setting window.
One was for the Up/Down control.
It allows you to select the delay and repeat rate of the scroll wheel.

The other tab is for the Directional Control
One of the settings it to select either 4-way or 8-way pad control.
The other allows you to set the scroll wheel button to return to the previous window with a press and hold.

the ability to select a 4 or 8 way control pad should make game play interesting.

Have you Been able to test out the unit with games...Possibly pocketNester? I would like to get a new ppc, but I like entertainment with my functionality. Does it allow multiple button presses? And I heard that some toshibas have a button delay, does the e405 have that?

Thank you