View Full Version : Ad Server Woes

Jason Dunn
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
As you've probably already seen, our site is having some graphics loading problems - the ad serving software that we use has gone wonky, so please excuse the mess as we try to clean it up... :|

egoz
10-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Ah, the slipping clutch of capitalism once again impedes the Web.

Also, even though i check to always be logged in when i visit, should i hit Discuss This Story, it requires me to login once again ? It seems it logs me in whilst viewing the frontpage articles, but that i must manually login whenever entering the forums ?

Jason Dunn
10-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Also, even though i check to alway be logged in when i visit, should i hit Discuss This Story, it requires me to login once again ? It seems it logs me in whilst viewing the frontpage articles, but that i must manually login whenever entering the forums ?

Shut down all instances of IE, manually delete the PPCT cookie, then come to the front page and log in again. That should fix it.

Mike Temporale
10-29-2003, 07:27 PM
You're going about this all wrong. The title should read "PPCT Ad Free - for a limited time" :wink:

egoz
10-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Hey, it now works. Thanks!

And, despite my mini-anti-profit diatribe, this is one of my most favourite sites on the web, and for well over a year now.

Keep it up (the site, not the profiteering ;-).

Jason Dunn
10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Keep it up (the site, not the profiteering ;-).

Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other - you need profit to pay for assests like time, bandwidth, etc. We don't yet live in the Star Trek era where money is no more. ;-)

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 09:51 PM
Wow,

I must be living in a box. I have not seen any problems on the main page whatsoever :eek:

What am I doing wrong to make it right. Oh well, maybe it works when Im on and its not working when Im not on.

-Justin.

ctmagnus
10-30-2003, 03:54 AM
Dunno if the two are related but last night, I was browsing the forums and noticed the missing ads. Then the site was down for a short while.

Coincidence? Conspiracy? You decide! :D

Janak Parekh
10-30-2003, 04:00 AM
Coincidence? Conspiracy? You decide! :D
Uh. I shut down the webserver and the database, repaired the ads engine, and restarted it. That's one mighty conspiracy...

--janak