View Full Version : Anyone use Money for Pocket PC 2004

rpgman
10-29-2003, 04:30 AM
unequal balances between Pocket account and Desktop account.

I believe this started occurring when there are to many transactions in an account on the desktop that don't get transferered to the pocket account.

I think there's a limit on how many transactions are allowed in a pocket account, so when activesync sync's, it messes up the pocket account.

Only way I know to get the balances equal on the pocket account and the desktop account is to delete the pocket pc program on the pocket pc and re-load.

anyone else have this problem?

IntegraPrelude98
10-29-2003, 04:48 AM
I DEF have this problem and it has been annoying me for some time now. Have you figured out a way around it besides just deleting and reinstalling the pocket pc version???? I pretty much stopped using my pocket pc money because of this issue. you are DEF not alone :cry:

rpgman
10-29-2003, 04:52 AM
I just can't believe this happens....

I use Money 2004 for Pocket PC as my checkbook....and I can't believe Microsoft hasn't come up with a fix for this.

I believe this has been happening since Money for Pocket PC 2000/2001.

No other fix then to delete and re-install Pocket PC.

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 05:14 AM
That is strange, I use Mastersoft money but I am not trying to put it on my desktop, although maybe I should ON my desktop I use quicken because that is what My laptop came with.
did either of you email and ask what was up with that? HOw can there be a limit on the amount of accounts on your ppc with Microsoft Money.

darrylb
10-29-2003, 06:28 AM
FWIW Cash Organizer is a very comprehensive finance app and has the features of Mastersoft Money plus a plugin to sync with MS Money on the desktop. I dont use the desktop app, cos I can do everything I want with Cash Organizer.... Just my 2c - YMMV

Perk
10-29-2003, 11:42 PM
a few years ago and found it uncomfortable and problematic :oops:

rpgman
10-30-2003, 12:56 AM
Thinkingmandavid

It's now how many 'accounts' but what I think throws off the balance of an account is 'how many transactions'...

I've noticed that when it reaches that limit, (whatever that limit is) the oldest transaction falls out.

this is what throws off the balance of an account.

pretty stupid on Microsoft's part.

redifrogger
10-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I was using Microsoft Money 2003 and had this problem and gave up. I spent good $$ on this product specifically for the syncing ability b/w the pocketpc and laptop, and it doesn't work correctly! :evil:

iant54
10-30-2003, 04:54 PM
I had a problem earlier this year with Money 2003, where I was away for a fortnight but recorded all my transactions on my PPC. When I synched on my return, all the transactions synched, but I lost most of the payees.

I've also had the problem with balances being incorrect between PC and PPC.

ntractv
10-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Just in case you haven't checked, cradle your device and after Activesync finishes connecting, double-click the Money line and make sure it's checked to snyc all transactions on this account and not only the past two weeks or whatever it says. I had same problem and found out that was the cause.