View Full Version : Help with an Ipaq PC Expansion Plus Pack

Costjim
10-29-2003, 02:55 AM
Hi All

I need some help I just bought an Ipaq PC expansion pack and I cannot get the network card to work. I have an SMC 8035TX PCMCIA card and an Ipaq H5450. When I plug in and put my high speed in no power and now lights. Hopefully someone can help.

Do I need drivers?
If so where can I find them.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 05:34 AM
I am assuming that when you got your pc card that you loaded the software that came with it.
If that is the case and it still isnt enough, did you check to see about compatability with 2003 OS? I would check the pc card manufacturers website for that, and then I would go and down load any drivers from the hop website as well. :wink:

ctmagnus
10-29-2003, 05:45 AM
This card will not work with the Pocket PC operating system due to the fact that it's a cardbus (aka 32-bit) card. Pocket PCs only work with 16-bit cards.

Costjim
10-29-2003, 07:48 AM
thanks for the help

1st there was no software that came with the device. Does anyone know for sure that you need drivers for the PC Expansion Plus Pac

2nd I will try a 16 bit card

Cheers, Jim

PoweriPaq
10-29-2003, 10:39 PM
I have PC Card Expansion Pack Plus and it doesn't come with the drivers. It just works on both of my iPaq. You don't need drivers to make the PC Card Expansion Plus to work with the iPaq, you just need the 16 Bit card to work with the iPaq.

thanks for the help

1st there was no software that came with the device. Does anyone know for sure that you need drivers for the PC Expansion Plus Pac

2nd I will try a 16 bit card

Cheers, Jim