View Full Version : I've Sure Missed my Bed!

Jason Dunn
10-29-2003, 02:27 AM
Well, I'm back again after being down in Las Vegas for the past eight days, and my bed never felt so good to sleep in! I arrived late last night, and between not knowing what day it is, not having power in my house for part of the afternoon, and the Windows time servers giving me errors, I'm in a deeply befuddled state. 8O Things are getting back to normal as I try to unpack and shift through the mounds of email messages waiting for me (connectivity was very sparse in Vegas). While the team here has done an awesome job keeping things running in my absence, there are a few things they can't do, like publish new reviews or deal with subscriber issues. My deepest apologies go out to the subscribers who are waiting for Vaja coupons and account activation - I completely dropped the ball and will be completing all outstanding requests by end of day tomorrow. Looks like there were a few interesting things that happened while I was gone! :mrgreen:

CME2C
10-29-2003, 02:31 AM
I sure hope your wife went with you, cause if all you missed is your bed then you're gonna get it!!!!

Wuss912
10-29-2003, 02:47 AM
I sure hope your wife went with you, cause if all you missed is your bed then you're gonna get it!!!!
or not get any as it would seem..
. 8O

so jason are you going to post the contest results up for smartphone thoughts too?
thanks

Ed Hansberry
10-29-2003, 03:03 AM
Welcome back!

crazy0000
10-29-2003, 04:02 AM
Omfg What happened to the site all the ads are gone and the reviews arent at the top of the page!!!

Edit: O and Welcome Back!!! :lol:

Steven Cedrone
10-29-2003, 04:29 AM
There's no place like home... :wink:

Good to have you back!!!

Steve

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 04:57 AM
How was Las Vegas, beautiful place, very upbeat a night I know, I liked it when I went there.

Which hotel did you stay in and how did that convention go? We stayed at the MGM Grand.

So you were at a convention of some sort (if my memory serves me correctly) and how was that?

Yep. You will have a lot to catch up on :wink:

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 05:03 AM
WELCOME BACK :!: :D
Things are going well here in the forum :wink:
We have been racking up the posts :mrgreen:
And we are anxious for you to share with us about your trip :way to go:

Janak Parekh
10-29-2003, 06:26 AM
Omfg What happened to the site all the ads are gone and the reviews arent at the top of the page!!!
Fixed. ;) We're working on the ad server; it seems to hiccup every few weeks or so.

--janak

ctmagnus
10-29-2003, 06:37 AM
Welcome back! You should go out and buy a small dipped cone in celebration of your return. Maybe even have Justin make it for you! ;) ;)

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 06:44 AM
Welcome back! You should go out and buy a small dipped cone in celebration of your return. Maybe even have Justin make it for you! ;) ;)

Ha ha, if you came to DQ and I knew you, Im sure that your ehem "Small" cone would be the biggest small cone one would ever see... :D

Abba Zabba
10-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Welcome back Jason. How was Vegas? Its funny that one of the richest cities in the US is "unwired" :lol: I know that feeling when it comes to lack of rest...I barely get 3 hours of sleep a day except for saturday :zzz: :morning:

Len Egan
10-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Welcome home, Jason. Did you see my homeies, Don Sorcinelli and FYIGUY Hughes in Vegas?

Jeff Rutledge
10-29-2003, 05:08 PM
I see they ordered a nice dump of snow to celebrate your return...
:x-mas:

JustinGTP
10-29-2003, 05:45 PM

Ughh, dont tell me about it. My school is deserted here in Springbank - every coming from the city (those city slickers) are not here. But I am cause I live in springbank with my 4x4! :D I mean, :(

-Justin. (And my mum insisted that the studies go on)

Update in the Update Foru : Guess who got to go home early :D :D :D

Jonathon Watkins
10-30-2003, 12:50 AM
-Justin. (And my mum insisted that the studies go on)

Good for her. :wink:

Glad to see you back Jason. Got a fresh lot of NDA's you can't share with us? :lol: Hope they gave you the heads up so you know what's coming down the pipe.

JustinGTP
10-30-2003, 02:45 AM
(I dont think hes going to reply anytime soon, maybe he doesnt need all the welcome backs)

-Justin.

I still think you should come to DQ and get a ehem... small dipped cone :D

Jason Dunn
10-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Welcome home, Jason. Did you see my homeies, Don Sorcinelli and FYIGUY Hughes in Vegas?

Yup, it was great to meet them! :-)

Jason Dunn
10-30-2003, 07:09 PM

Yeah. Sheesh... :roll: I don't mind driving through snow, but man, having a driveway sucks in the winter. :evil:

JustinGTP
10-31-2003, 06:13 AM

Yeah. Sheesh... :roll: I don't mind driving through snow, but man, having a driveway sucks in the winter. :evil:

What do you drive?

Jason Dunn
10-31-2003, 06:15 AM
What do you drive?

A car. :-)

JustinGTP
10-31-2003, 07:04 AM
I was just wondering if you had a 4x4 thats all. We have a 4x4 and its handy!

Jason Dunn
10-31-2003, 08:17 AM
I was just wondering if you had a 4x4 thats all. We have a 4x4 and its handy!

Nope, not a 4x4, just a car. I bought one of these a month ago:

http://www.autofan.com/images/newcars/2002_Mazda_Protege5_01.jpg

Mine is laser blue. :mrgreen:

Jonathon Watkins
10-31-2003, 01:41 PM
So, watch out for a Honda Civic stalking your nice new laser blue car Jason. :lol:

JustinGTP
10-31-2003, 07:40 PM
Why would I? I like your Maza Protege 5 Jason, we have the BMW X5:

http://www.car-buying-strategies.com/2002-photos/2002-bmw-x5.jpg

Thats exactly how it looks, that cool red colour :D

-Justin.

But we have this pimp wagon to go to school in because we dont want to wreck the beamer in this weather (the van, GMC Safari, is also 4x4) And that is what Im allowed to drive :) So its all good... :D http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/med/03126121990002MED.jpg (Also another picture that looks the exact same!)

-Justin.

Jeff Rutledge
11-02-2003, 12:42 AM

You're telling me! I'm tired before I even get to the sidewalk.

I wasn't ready for this one, that's for sure. I was in Toronto until last night. My wife is 8 months pregnant so she can't shovel, especially this wet heavy snow. We don't know any kids in our area who are older than five so no help there. She ended up calling her friend in Citadel and asked to "borrow" her husband. :wink:

Then I spent almost an hour today digging a path so that my dog had someplace to do her business.

And it's supposed to snow more tonight. Still, I would hate to live somewhere that doesn't have snow. (Crazy eh?)

Janak Parekh
11-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Sorry to hear about the snow. We're having the opposite anomaly here -- it was sunny and about 75 outside today. People were out in shorts and t-shirts. 8)

--janak

JustinGTP
11-02-2003, 04:56 AM
You're telling me! I'm tired before I even get to the sidewalk.

I wasn't ready for this one, that's for sure. I was in Toronto until last night. My wife is 8 months pregnant so she can't shovel, especially this wet heavy snow. We don't know any kids in our area who are older than five so no help there. She ended up calling her friend in Citadel and asked to "borrow" her husband. :wink:

Then I spent almost an hour today digging a path so that my dog had someplace to do her business.

And it's supposed to snow more tonight. Still, I would hate to live somewhere that doesn't have snow. (Crazy eh?)

Yep. Its snowing outside right now!! I got to drive and we were doing 60 on Highway 1. Crazy!

-Justin.

ctmagnus
11-02-2003, 05:43 AM
Yep. Its snowing outside right now!! I got to drive and we were doing 60 on Highway 1. Crazy!

-Justin.

8O That strip of TC1 usually moves at 110.

JustinGTP
11-02-2003, 07:37 AM
No, everyone speeds! Its more like 120!

-Justin.

ctmagnus
11-02-2003, 09:41 PM
I was thinking of the parks where the limit is 100, so everyone does 110. :oops:

JustinGTP
11-03-2003, 03:00 AM
HWY speed is at 110, untill you hit Valley Ridge near the Stoney Trail intersection, it drops down to 90, and then at the C.O.P intersection it drops down to 80 all the way down to Bowness!

-Justin.

Steven Cedrone
11-03-2003, 06:21 AM
O.K., let's get back on topic...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator