View Full Version : Is a Sony BT MS compatible with a VAIO?

DrtyBlvd
10-28-2003, 11:01 PM
Seems a silly question really - but everywhere I look, it says "CLIE BT Memory Stick" - has anyone any first-hand knowledge on this?
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=PEGA-MSB1

I'd like to use the MS slot on the VAIO and BT to my various toys...

Which kinda begs the question, would it also work if I were to place the BT MS in a card reader for any other PC?

Am I missing something here? Like a necessity for drivers or something??

Another query - if you had a memory stick expansion jacket for an iPaq and inserted this BT MS, would it work do you think?

Johannes
10-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Have you tried contacting Sony about it yet? I would imagine that something on their website might indicate whether or not it can be used on devices other than clies.

Bob Anderson
10-29-2003, 01:09 AM
While I know I'm not answering all of your questions directly, I can add some info. where I have first hand experience.

I use Sony Memory Stick PRO with my Ipaq with a PC Card expansion jacket. I had to buy a Memory Stick PC Card Adaptor, and I put it in the PC Card expansion jacket. The Ipaq can then read and write to the MS PRO card just like flash or SD memory. So Pocket PCs can work OK with the basic memory stick or memory stick PRO formats...

Having said that, I have to believe that drivers for Sony's BT Memory Stick will not work, until drivers are released, and quite frankly I don't see Sony doing any such thing, considering that they are building their own handheld devices and certainly wouldn't want to "fuel" the competitor!!!

Just my two cents worth here...