View Full Version : Thought I should share this

redifrogger
10-28-2003, 03:45 PM
It’s not often that companies get public kudos for good customer service, so I have to share this experience. I have a Panache pda stylus (e740 variety), and I broke it (don’t ask how – long story) – snapped it right in half at the weakest point, where the parts screw together. I was upset, thinking that I would have to buy a new one, but, on a chance, I called the company and explained that I broke my stylus and if there was anyway, short of buying a new one, that they could assist me. The customer service representative that answered the phone said to send it into them, care of ‘Repairs’, and they would see what they could do. So I did, and 1 week later, a new, shiny stylus was mailed to me, at no expense whatsoever to me. How often does something like that happen these days? :multi: :mrgreen: :clap:

Jon Westfall
10-28-2003, 03:48 PM
I agree, you never hear good customer service stories.

I've had particularly good luck with Targus, the case manufacturers. Their email support is fairly fast, and simple things (like replacement shoulder straps) are sent out fast.

Anyone else care to share stories of GOOD customer service?

Jacob
10-28-2003, 04:34 PM
I was having trouble proving my good driving record to my new car insurance company when I moved to Chicago so they could give me a reduced rate.
I faxed them the documentation they requested more than once and after a month they still were telling me they hadn't received it. So far it was a pretty bad experience.

Then I called and luckily spoke to a nice woman to whom I explained the problem and my frustration at their apparent loss of the documentation that I had sent.

She asked me if I had the information there and had a fax machine. I said yes and she told me to fax it again, but address the fax cover letter directly to her, so I did.

The next day I called again to check with them and EVERYTHING was handled within that one day.

It impressed me that this person cared enough to take things into her own hands to help me out. She saved me a lot of money.

Thinkingmandavid
10-28-2003, 05:25 PM
My first pda was an IBM 3c, one of the buttons broke so I called them up to see about it being under the warranty. The lady said I could send it in to be fixed, or I could be sent a new one and they would just need some kidn of security until I sen the old one in. A few days later I had another 3c, and I sent the broken one back. It was great, no hassle, easily taken are of :wink:
I have a toshiba and I hope I dont have any trouble

Anthony Caruana
10-30-2003, 01:53 AM
I bought a 2210 when they were first released in Australia. About 5 weeks after getting it, the speaker jack became very crackly and the dpad stopped working correctly. I called HP and they shipped me a replacement unit a couple of days later and collected the defective one.

All it took was one phone call and about 3 working days.

They even let me keep the old one for a couple of days so that I could make sure that I had a chance to beam anything important from the defective unit to the new one.

ale2999
10-30-2003, 06:25 PM
I bought a 2210 when they were first released in Australia. About 5 weeks after getting it, the speaker jack became very crackly and the dpad stopped working correctly. I called HP and they shipped me a replacement unit a couple of days later and collected the defective one.

All it took was one phone call and about 3 working days.

They even let me keep the old one for a couple of days so that I could make sure that I had a chance to beam anything important from the defective unit to the new one.
I had the same exact thing. HP was fast and responsive. it tooke them 3 days do send me a new one :D