View Full Version : sync with one PC & not another?

sticks
10-28-2003, 05:54 AM
This is driving me nuts! My Jornada 547 will sync with my old PC at work (Win 95, activesync 3.5) using a serial connector but at home (Win xp, activesync 3.5)with a usb connector it will not ! It just sits there "connecting" with the green icon rotating indefinately. I have tried different versions of activesync, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no change. Please help. I have also tried using the same serial connector on both PC's - same result. :cry:

Certified Optimist
10-30-2003, 05:58 AM
Have you tried creating a new sync profile where you use a different name for your HP568?

I had something similar happening to me, and it seemed to "remember" the old name => sync never worked. Then added a new profile/name and suddenly it was syncing effortlessly.

sticks
10-30-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure how to do that with my 547? Because it won't sync, I don't seem to be able to access any options in Activesync.

sticks
10-31-2003, 06:25 AM
For those that view this thread..... I remedied my problem by disabling both my virus scanner & firewall while trying to set up the initial partnership.