View Full Version : Stowaway XT Keyboard - where's the power dongle?

lanwarrior
10-28-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi all,

I just received my Fellowes Stowaway XT Portable keyboard for my 5450. In the manual it said that I can charge the 5450 while it is attached to the keyboard by "...using the power connector adapter that comes with the keyboard".

I don't see it in the box. Does it really comes with one or not?

rcobourn
10-28-2003, 05:52 PM
I haven't seen the packaging for the XT keyboard, but in the case of the original Stowaway keyboard, the dongle was inserted into the packaging in such a way that it was difficult to find... kind of wedged into a corner or something Try tearing the package apart until you are absolutely certain it isn't in there. :)

lanwarrior
10-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Rcoubourn,

I have looked at the box inside and out without tearing it (in case I have to return it), but couldn't find it. I don't think it's wedged in the corner. :)

Everyone else,

I am sure somebody bought this great keyboard. So, any power dongle?

rcobourn
10-29-2003, 12:47 AM
It seems to me on thinking of about it a bit, that the dongle was inserted through a hole or slot in the cardboard, and underneath a slot of some sort. Hey, maybe you could X-ray the box? :) Have a metal detector? :D

I recall more than one person complaining that they were missing the dongle and later finding it.

lanwarrior
10-29-2003, 04:19 AM
You know what, you're right! There IS a power hole in the keyboard ITSELF that allows me to connect the power directly into it, powering the 5450 when it's connected to the keyboard. Probably didn't see it in the first place. :drinking:

This is a much more elegant solution than having a you-may-lose-it dongle.

Thanks a gazillion!

rcobourn
10-29-2003, 04:23 AM
I don't know what I was right about, and now that you mention it, I recall reading that the XT was designed this way. Glad it worked out!

D.psi
10-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Out of curiosity, what distribution channel gave you access to the XT? I'm looking to buy a couple of these, but haven't found any distributors here in Canada.

D.psi