View Full Version : Screen Covers like the Jornada

rokitrod
10-27-2003, 08:55 PM
I've been waiting for someone to step up and build a true pocket Pc to one day replace my Jornada 568. I looked at an HP 2200 series today and I like its size, why doesn't someone make a cover that you can snap on there like the jornadas? Why didn't HP do this to begin with? :( I don't want to buy a proporta case that makes the new unit the same size as my 568 I just want a cover.

maybe someone could invent a replacement grip that allows for a snap on cover. It seems like 2 holes would do it? Aren't those grips falling off anyhow?

Godsongz
10-27-2003, 09:18 PM
There already are 2 holes on the back of a naked 22xx that were designed to be anchor points for a flip cover. I too wish HP or some 3rd party vendor would step up and build the thing. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

rokitrod
10-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Thats interesting. I didn't notice at the store. I did notice that many of the palm devices did have covers. The last palm I had was a palm III and I liked it because of the cover also. I'll keep my fingers crossed

surur
10-27-2003, 11:17 PM
Its just occurred to me why ppc manufacturers dont supply flip covers.

It may be to accelerate the wear and tear on units, to make sure there replacement cycle is short, and to get new revenue in a few months in stead of a few years.

Just a conspiracy theory, but there is some sense to it...

Surur

normaldude
10-28-2003, 09:11 PM
I agree. Pocket PCs need flip covers. Either it comes with the PDA, or as an optional accessory. It's not rocket science. It's a simple piece of plastic or aluminum. After all, Palm/Sony/Handspring/Zaurus PDAs all have flip covers.

thepocketsolution has flip covers for some PPCs, but you have to tape it to the back of your PDA. And they don't have flip covers for all models.

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/store.mv?c=SC

coppertop
10-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Be careful if you order from pocketsolutions. I ordered a flip cover over three months ago and have yet to see it. Company had no contact information that was reliable (phone was disconnected and emails unanswered). Ended up disputing the charge to my credit card.

It's a shame though. The flip lid looked promising.

animlmed
10-29-2003, 04:30 PM
Coppertop, you still never heard anything?!? That's crazy! I know they were somewhat of a pain for me, but three months?? Has your credit card company let you know anything?

coppertop
10-29-2003, 06:34 PM
They are "investigating" and have reversed the charge to my account. I have never had an experience like this before. After countless attempts to contact the company, numerous messages left via email, and still no response. Not a good way to run a business in my mind.

animlmed
10-29-2003, 08:51 PM
Yeah, i'd have to agree. They seemed like they would be a popular site for accessories. Too bad they gave off the "Take the money and run" vibe.