View Full Version : How to delete PIM Databases

juan_chiriboga
10-27-2003, 06:22 PM
I am sure someone has figured this one out already, so here it goes:
I am passing my h2210 to my brother, so i want to keep all the apps on the PDA, instead of doing a hard reset. however, I want to delete all my contacts, appointments, and Inbox... Any thoughts?
thanks

Chris Spera
10-27-2003, 06:50 PM
The best way to do this is to do a hard reset, and then reconnect to your PC; but as a Guest (don't form a partnership), and then reinstall all of your apps.

If you just delete the data in your PIM databases, you're going to leave all of the partnership info on the device.

To pass him a clean device, do a hard reset, reconnect to your PC, but when presetned with the partnership dialog, don't create one. ActiveSync will show the device as connected, but as a Guest, and then you can reinstall all of the apps.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Godsongz
10-27-2003, 06:51 PM
Try "dbview", it can be found for free here (http://www.ipaqsoft.net/php/freeresults.php?type=db).

Crazie.Eddie
10-27-2003, 10:05 PM
The easiest is to go on your PC which you already have the partnership, run Outlook and delete all your contacts, Calendar items, tasks, email, etc.

Forgot to include, one you have the data deleted, sync the data with your PPC.

SteveP
10-28-2003, 06:41 AM
Hi All

When I went to the link, I found it wasn't free anymore... :?

torgamm
10-28-2003, 11:48 AM
Have a look at Philippe Majerus' Power Toys (http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/). They include his good old Data Sources (which I cannot find as a stand alone application on his site anymore...)

If you just need to use it once, I suppose that the trial version of Phatware Pocket dbExplorer can do it too.

SteveP
10-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks Torgamm! :D

Steven Cedrone
10-28-2003, 04:29 PM
I think if you just go in and delete those databases (as opposed to just deleting the data) you will wind up having to do a hard reset anyway...

I don't believe those databases will be recreated on the fly by the Pocket PC...

Steve

Ripper014
10-29-2003, 12:53 AM
You can use Remover v1.19.4 its a great little program and it is free. It will allow you to review your DB and delete the ones you want.

SteveP
10-29-2003, 06:21 AM
Hi Ripper

Thanks for the reply. Where do I download it from???

Crazie.Eddie
10-29-2003, 07:15 AM
Keep in mind Steve's comment above...

I think if you just go in and delete those databases (as opposed to just deleting the data) you will wind up having to do a hard reset anyway...

I don't believe those databases will be recreated on the fly by the Pocket PC...

You might as well just hard reset your device then. It will be a quicker solution. Otherwise, if you don't want to hard reset, do what I requested. Delete the data from Outlook on your PC and then sync afterwards. This way, your apps will still remain.[/quote]

SteveP
10-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the advice! Noted! Ironically, my problems only started after a hard reset :(

I think I'll go for option b...delete everything in Outlook on the PC and take it from there