View Full Version : TomTom Bluetooth GPS + Ipaq 5550

kop
10-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Hiya....
I have just purchased a TomTom bluetooth GPS receiver. I have paired the device with the Ipaq 5550, and can get a connection. I have not installed the maps yet, waiting on a SD card. I have installed all other elements of the TomTom2 navigator software though.

All is ok, until i click the GPS icon in the settings panel. The bluetooth seems to disconnect instantly. Although the GPS still picks up a signal for a while at least. When I go back to the bluetooth connection manager it confirms that there is no bluetooth connection to the device and the circle begins again.

If I dont go into the GPS icon in the settings panel, the bluetooth connection seems to be ok.

Is this a commen issue? I have upgraded to the latest software version and drivers. Well to my knowledge anyway.

Can someone help??

Chris Spera
10-27-2003, 01:43 PM
Please make sure you have the latest version of the GPS Driver. YOu can get version 2.08 here: http://www.tomtom.com/support/ce/support/gps.php?Language=4

I've been using the wireless and wired version of Navigator for months and have not bumped into this problem. I've used it on an iPAQ 1945, 3955 and 5455 running both PC 2002 and WM 2003.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera