View Full Version : Update Your PPCT Timezone!

Janak Parekh
10-27-2003, 05:50 AM
If posts appear an hour off now that Daylight Savings Time has ended, you need to change the timezone in your PPCT account settings. Hit "Preferences" at the top, and change the Timezone field such that it's one hour "back". In my case, I changed it from GMT-4 (i.e., EDT) to GMT-5 (i.e., EST). I know you shouldn't have to do this, but unfortunately phpBB 2.0 doesn't support automatic Daylight Savings Time correction. :cry: Hopefully we'll be running a new version in the Spring that will automatically adjust when DST rolls around again.

rmasinag
10-27-2003, 10:02 AM
DST? There is no DST in Hawai'i! Anyways people in Hawai'i are always on Hawaiian time (perpertual slow motion) :)

All I can say is "DST are for wussies!" :mrgreen:

Cypher
10-27-2003, 01:19 PM
This may be one of the few advantages to the fact that Indiana doesn't do DST either. "Time travel messes with your head."

Lday
10-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Why people insist with messing with DST is beyond me. We know better in Arizona! :wink:

larrywms45
10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
Finally, a good reason to live in Arizona other than the beautiful desert. We don't have to change clocks at any time.

James Fee
10-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Finally, a good reason to live in Arizona other than the beautiful desert. We don't have to change clocks at any time.
No but football came on an hour later this morning. I liked the 10am start times.

Fitch
10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
That's odd, I'm in a DS Time Zone and didn't have to change anything.

Janak Parekh
10-27-2003, 08:09 PM
That's odd, I'm in a DS Time Zone and didn't have to change anything.
It's possible you didn't change it back when DST started... in which case you're now showing "correct" times. ;)

--janak