View Full Version : Ready to Make the Move

deb2003
10-27-2003, 03:07 AM
:lol:

I am ready to ditch my old Palm IIIC and ready to make the move to a PPC with wireless capabilities. I'm considering the Toshiba e800/e805 or the IPAQ 5555.

I'm an educator at a wireless campus so I need wireless capability. I also want the highest screen resolution possible as I want to use my PPC at times instead of a notebook. I also need the high resolution as I'm very near sighted.

I have been reading the posts and rants on Toshiba's lack of good customer service so I'm concerned about having a bad experience if I buy a Toshiba.

Since, I'm spending my own money, I'm doing my best to do my homework. So, as verteran PPC user's what would you buy and how would you go about moving data from the Palm to the PPC?

Thanks for your patience in answering questions for a newby.

Cheers
Deb2003

Janak Parekh
10-27-2003, 03:20 AM
I haven't personally owned a Toshiba, so I can't comment on the customer service... but I would wait for actual, full reviews on the e805 before committing to it for purchase. But the high-res screen does sound very nice. :)

--janak

spursdude
10-27-2003, 07:51 AM
If you want high-res screen, go with the Toshiba. Although the customer service isn't that great, I think very highly of the hardware itself.

deb2003
10-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the information. Good advise. Will follow.
Cheers
Deb

deb2003
10-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the information. Its great to get good advise from a verteran PPC user and consumer.
Cheers
Deb

Thinkingmandavid
10-29-2003, 01:51 PM
I agree, wait for a review and see what is said about the toshiba, actually read more than one review the toshiba so you can get many people perspective on the issue.
I dont think a good review alone can solve the customer service issues. So take that into account if you are ordering direct. Word of advice. go to best buy, buy it and buy with the service plan with it so you wont have to deal with toshiba customer service. if something goes wrong with your toshiba best buy replaces it with a new one. problem solved. :wink: