View Full Version : Problems using ActiveSync using Wi-Fi on Ipaq H5555???

Crazie.Eddie
10-26-2003, 10:42 PM
I was wondering if there are a few of you that can test out an issue that I able to repeat. I just want to see if others get the same problem I have. My situation is, I use my laptop to perform ActiveSyncs (Wi-Fi or USB) with my Ipaq H5555. I can successfully sync either Wi-Fi or USB with no problems. After some investigation, I realize I have syncing issues when I map to a share on another PC while trying to perform an ActiveSync via Wi-Fi. This is why I was wondering if some of you can try the same thing to see if your experiencing the same thing I am.

You should have at least a local LAN, 2 computers (1 of which has a partnership with your PPC), and capibilities of Wi-Fi activesyncing with your PPC and partnered PC.

1. On the PC that does NOT have a partnership with your PPC, create a share.
2. On your PPC, run Resco File Explorer and map a drive to share on the PC (the one without a partership).
3. Start the ActiveSync (with the partnered PC) via Wi-fi and see if it will timeout.
4. Now unmap those drives including the IPC$, which is automatically connected.
5. Start an ActivSync via Wi-fi again and see it if does not timeout.

Please feel free to try to above whether or not you an Ipaq or running Resco File Explorer, but please inform me of what you have.

Thanks everyone! :)