View Full Version : Bluetooth in wireless section only? ? ? What do you think? ? ?

Thinkingmandavid
10-26-2003, 02:54 PM
I was thinking about bluetooth and wondering since bluetooth is wireless, (for those of who you who dont know, hehe) maybe every post about it should be in the wireless section.
Of course you are going to say, yes but I can sync mycomputer with it, or use my cell phone with it, my head set, but it is still wirelss, a 2.4Ghz signal.
I just think it would be easier to know where to go for all bt posts. :) that or a new section just for it.

Mitchybums
10-26-2003, 05:15 PM
If I'm looking for bluetooth related things, I go into the wireless section here anyway.
Easier.
Maybe interesting thing to put links of bluetooth setup and stuff (the bluetoothmanual on geek.com for instance) in a sticky.

shawnc
10-26-2003, 06:56 PM
BT is wireless??? :wink: Seriously, it makes sense to me. Whenever I need BT info, I always do a search. But it would make it easier to simply look in the wireless section for it.

Janak Parekh
10-26-2003, 07:03 PM
I was thinking about bluetooth and wondering since bluetooth is wireless, (for those of who you who dont know, hehe) maybe every post about it should be in the wireless section.
As opposed to? We're doing this already, as far as I can tell.

--janak

Sven Johannsen
10-26-2003, 11:09 PM
Not neccessarily here, but it seems that BT discussions specific to a particular PPC model could reasonably go in that model's forum. Hard to choose whether 2215 (or iPAQ) Geeks would have a better shot at answering a 2215 BT question than generic BT Geeks.

I would like to put in a bad word for cross posting though. In either forum here, I'd bet the right Geek sees it and helps.

Thinkingmandavid
10-27-2003, 03:46 AM
As opposed to? We're doing this already, as far as I can tell. as opposed to some posts in the wireless section, some in the just chatting section, some in the thoughtst section.
MY point is that we all know that bluetooth is wireless but there isnt threads about bluetooth being posted in the wireless section, they are being posted in all parts of the forum. I just thought it would make it easier for everyone to go to one spot as a 'sure thing' when looking for bt. Obviously that isnt the case now.

DrtyBlvd
10-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I would echo these sentiments - they are a little 'spead-out' - Centralising with Wireless makes a good deal of sense, IMHO?

Even from a perspective of specific device related topics actually, but that may be a 'bridge too far' :lol: