View Full Version : Ipaq 2215 SD slot annoyances....

calocalo
10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Am I the only one....

My 2215's SD slot has a spring that is too strong. I can actually shoot my SD card several feet by just slightly depressing the card and letting go. I don't recall my 3900 doing this. (Who knows, this may come in handy one day.)

Also, does you Ipaq turn on when inserting a SD or CF card. Is this an undocumented "feature" for auto loading from expansion cards?

sumfunny
10-24-2003, 11:56 PM
ITs a secret weapon and yes mine turns on when either card is inserted or removed

Itanium
10-25-2003, 03:30 AM
Nothing that strong in my unit. With normal press and release, the card still stays within the slot and doesn't jump out fully. You have got something really powerful. :)

Brad Adrian
10-25-2003, 04:18 AM
Also, does you Ipaq turn on when inserting a SD or CF card?
That's a common "feature" of most Pocket PCs. I think the main reason is that it forces the device to read the new card immediately upon insertion.

delfuhd
10-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Yes, I've heard about the sparatic SD shooter, but mine isn't too bad, it's capable of shooting it about 2 feet, and that's pressing down hard and releasing quickly, which is how it is on my 3850. But no, it doesn't shoot it out any further than that on my 2215...

Crazie.Eddie
10-27-2003, 08:36 AM
I can actually shoot my SD card several feet by just slightly depressing the card and letting go.

Cool. You now have a concealed weapon. Make sure you sneek that aboard the plane, otherwise they may confiscate it. LOL

Otherwise, if you ever get robbed one day (I hope that you don't), you can show him your nice, expensive Ipaq, then....WHAM...shoot the crook in the eye. :devilboy:

JustinGTP
10-28-2003, 07:07 AM
I can actually shoot my SD card several feet by just slightly depressing the card and letting go.

Cool. You now have a concealed weapon. Make sure you sneek that aboard the plane, otherwise they may confiscate it. LOL

Otherwise, if you ever get robbed one day (I hope that you don't), you can show him your nice, expensive Ipaq, then....WHAM...shoot the crook in the eye. :devilboy:

HAHAHAHAHHA :rofl: :lol: :lol: :lol:

darrylb
10-28-2003, 10:44 AM

:rofl: Crazie may just be the right name for you.... :rotfl:

My 2210 will also fire the SD Card out if I let it go quick enough, I dont think it is any differnt to my 3970 was.

calocalo
10-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Shouldn't HP have a disclaimer on these Ipaqs similar to the ones on the soda bottles. I can just imagine the potential lawsuits....

"Hmmm, let see.... 'Remove a card from the Secure Digital expansion slot by slightly pushing down on the card to unlock it'... [BOING!!] AHHHHHH! MY EYE ! My EYE!!!!!"