View Full Version : 4150: Impact of Wifi usage on battery

Palmguy
10-24-2003, 10:08 PM
Today was the first opportunity that I had to do a somewhat extensive test of battery life with wifi active. And I must say I was very impressed.

I surfed non-stop from 10:30-11:15 this morning in one of my boring engineering classes and my battery went from 100% to 85%. 45 minutes and only 15% loss, I was happy.

I also want to reiterate the strength of the wifi radio. It is amazing. In fact I was at the gas station entering in information (I track gas mileage in Pocket Excel), and at the friggin' gas station I picked up two different APs!

Very nice execution by hp!

ignar
10-25-2003, 01:09 AM
I also noticed wifi on my 4150 drains battery a lot less than my CF wifi card did. I didn't test, but I get the impression that BT takes more battery than Wifi does.

CorysWorld
10-25-2003, 02:04 AM
Hey,

What screen brightness where you set on when you got those times??

Also

I just got a 4150 and if I lean the top of the unit away from me the screen gets progressivally yellow. Are you experencing the same? It is white when I look directly at it. It is nothing like the yellow of the 1900's where it was always yellow. Just wondering what you are experencing.

Thanks,

Cory

JustinGTP
10-25-2003, 06:49 AM
...I surfed non-stop from 10:30-11:15 this morning in one of my boring engineering classes...

You should pay attention in class, because if you dont make very much money, how are you going to afford all of these nice things? Like a new iPAQ, for example.

I like the sound of the 4155 - but no CF - boo, hiss.

-Justin.

Palmguy
10-26-2003, 03:10 AM
Well, this particular class is intro to engineering, and the time I spent online was when they were teaching us how to register for this next semester when I already had. That's a waste of my time if you ask me!

Besides, I won't be working in the private sector. That's not saying that I don't need to pay attention, as I do, but that was a waste of my time. I will be employed by the US Government.

Cory, the way you described yellow is what I have. Screen brightness set one level below max.