View Full Version : mNotes maintenance??

Mark_Venture
10-24-2003, 09:08 PM
I was thinking of purchasing Commontime's mNotes to sync my iPAQ with Lotus notes but I'm curious as to what they mean on their web site by "Worry-free mobile computing for one year" and "Buy now and get your first year's maintenance absolutely free!"

I've read the review at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12060&highlight=mnotes However maintenance is not discussed, and one of the screen shots shows "Maintenance: Expires on...."

To me this can mean two different things....
1. Durring that maintenance period you get free upgrades and support. After that, the software will continue to work, but if you need upgrades, you purchase them, or if you need support, a fee will be charged.

or..
2. After that maintenace period the software will stop working.

I'm hoping its #1. But can someone confirm?

Thanks.

baker
10-26-2003, 01:57 AM
When I purchased mNotes, the maintenance fee was $18.00 per year. I believe your #1 is correct. I use mNotes at work and I wish AS was as reliable.

Mark_Venture
10-27-2003, 02:55 AM
Ok I found the answer to my question.... It was in an unlikely spot as I had to go click on "Need Help Ordering?"

It took me to some FAQs.. one of them... http://www.commontime.com/OrderHelp.htm#YF answers my question.

Looks like my #1 is mostly correct.

Freya from CommonTime
11-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi guys

I just wanted to confirm, direct from CommonTime, that your #1 is correct.

Included in your licence fee is your first year's maintenance free of charge. This entitles you to free support and free upgrades for the whole year - which includes downloading different device's software if you so choose.

After the first year, whatever happens, your software continues to function exactly as it did before. You also have the option to renew your maintenance, which allows you access to the support team and free upgrades as with the first year, provided this is done within a month of your first year maintenance expiring. Alternatively, if you're outside of this month period you can choose to upgrade and again will have a year's maintenance and upgrades free of charge.

I hope this makes it a bit clearer for you. And we're busy redesigning the website at the moment so I'll try and make it easier to find the answer to the question in the future!

Thanks for considering mNotes.

Freya

baker
11-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Freya, Thanks. Love your product. Outside of my own dumbness, it has worked flawlessly.