View Full Version : ActiveSync Error "Attention Required"

cklaszlo
10-24-2003, 02:32 PM
My ActiveSync just stopped working out of the blue. I now am getting an error "Attetion Required" on my calendar, contacts, tasks, and inbox sycning. I uninstalled Active Sync and downloaded a fresh copy from MS. Installed it and still am getting that error. I did a hard reset on my PPC E755 but to no avail. Same error. Anything I am missing?

Thanks

Itanium
10-24-2003, 02:54 PM
What do you mean when you say 'attention required'? Are there unrolved items after the sync or sync doesn't take place at all?

One thing to start trying with is delete the partnership on your pc from File->Delete Partnership in ActiveSync. Lets see if that changes anything.

cklaszlo
10-24-2003, 03:05 PM
I deleted oll of the partnershiops and then reset the one with the PC. No go. "Attention Required" is appearing where sometimes it says "unrolved items." Favorites, Vindego and Avantgo sync up correctly. I think it must be an Outlook issue.

Itanium
10-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Next thing to try :).

Do you do editing on both your PPC and Outlook generally?

Like if you don't edit stuff too much on PC, you can try to set in ActiveSync options, Rules tab to "Always replace the items on my computer" for the conflict items. Let it be like that for few syncronizations and then go to normal and see if it goes away.

This is not a concrete solution but you never know when you hit something while trying :D.

Ed Hansberry
10-24-2003, 06:35 PM
Try repairing Outlook. It is on the Help menu. You may need to reinstall ActiveSync after the repair is complete.

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 06:44 PM
I have that problem sometimes, and I just shutdown my PC and start it back up and then ActiveSyn works fine.

cklaszlo
10-24-2003, 08:11 PM
what an ordeal! Thanks for all those suggestions non of which worked. Pain in my butt, but, I ended up installing a clean version of XP. Now it works. lol

JoeMoon
10-24-2003, 08:45 PM
I noticed that when I turn off the syncing of Outlook/Mailboxes that AS will start operating correctly again. If I turn it on, it stops again... I usally have to leave it off for several weeks and try again... I think a piece of email jams it up and you have to wait for that piece of mail pass through -- It is kinda like passing a kidney stone!

Joe...

PiezoSapphire
03-04-2004, 11:44 AM
I'm having the same problem as cklaszlo. My activesync (3.7.1) stopped working out of the blue as well for the items (contacts, calendar, tasks) synchronized with Outlook. I've uninstalled and reinstalled activesync on the PC, done a hard reboot of the E755, Uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2003, run scanpst.exe on the Outlook files, created a new, empty PST file and made it the default, but nothing works! Files can still synchronize, but nothing with Outlook will synchronize. I just get that dratted Red exclamation point and the "Attention Required" message. Has anybody learned anything new?

PiezoSapphire
03-06-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm not quite sure how I fixed it, but it works now. I did two things:
1. In looking over my XP system event logs, I noticed that I was getting an error because I had deleted a shared folder without removing the share. The synchronization stopped around that day. So, I followed the directions and removed the share.

2. I also reinstalled the TCP/IP protocol. (It's not as simple as just installing again; search the web on how to do it.)

I think one of these must have solved the problem, although I'm not quite sure which one.