View Full Version : Sandisk SDIO Wi-Fi

dammitjim
10-24-2003, 01:21 PM
How long does the battery last on your PPC with a Sandisk SDIO Wi-Fi card? It seems like it only lasts like 1.5 hours on my and the battery is screaming for juice :(

PoweriPaq
10-24-2003, 05:35 PM
I have a bigger battery, mine last close to 4 hours after a full charge at a constant use. This was with my own test, I play a streaming media from my computer and play it connected to my computer via wifi and it plays close to 4 hours with 10% battery left.

dammitjim
10-24-2003, 08:34 PM
This is unheard of. I thought that SD cards used less power than CF cards! Or was I completely misinformed? There are postings that say their CF cards last about 4 hours on an h2215. This really kills me... feels like I'm being drained out of patience... like my h2215's battery... :pukeface:

Thinkingmandavid
10-26-2003, 02:48 PM
wow, that cant be right, and it is obviously not good. a wi fi card using that much battery?mm
ok, have you checked your settings, it seems starting from the obvious is the way to go.

dammitjim
10-27-2003, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I just posted a support question out to Sandisk and we'll see what they have to say. Perhaps my card is just bad, but I still can't believe how it just drains my PPC :(

dh
10-27-2003, 02:37 PM
I have a LinkSys CF WiFi card and found that it used to drain the battery on my Axim rather quickly.

I then discovered that it has a power save mode. I have no idea what it actually does since I don't notice any difference when using the card. The battery life is much longer, so it's worth while selecting this mode. Maybe your Sandisk card has a similer option.

WiFi is going to use power at a greater rate than Bluetooth on your 2215. I guess it's a more powerful radio.

dammitjim
10-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Can you guys tell me how much battery life are you getting out of your sandisk sdio wi-fi card?
I just clocked it again and I'm actually getting 1% of battery per minute :(