View Full Version : temperature protection

sebjo
10-24-2003, 12:10 PM
I'm looking for some sort of case for my ipaq that keeps it from freezing in sub zero temp conditions.
Does anyone know if this exists?

:roll:

rjflyn
10-24-2003, 03:28 PM
Not to be a smart ass but my pocket under my coat typically is pretty warm.

stevew
10-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Just the opposite for me. I use a sauna daily, 130+ degrees F and wish I could have my PPC with me but I'm afraid to see what would happen to it. 8O

sebjo
10-24-2003, 09:53 PM
I like to keep it on my outside pocket while jogging because this gives me the most convenient access.
There's got to be some kind of solution. I can't imagine I'm the only one having this issue. Does anyone use a pda sports case that works well for this?

stevew
10-25-2003, 02:57 PM
I know their is a company that makes a so called rugged PPC that will withstand extreme temps. But if I remember correctly it was around $1500. So thats probably not a solution for you. I would think a good leather case may insulate it enough.

qmrq
10-27-2003, 09:29 AM
I doubt you'd have any problems with it in sub-zero temperatures. I have hardware in a garage without climate control year-round. Moving it back and forth from a warm area to a cold one quickly might be a problem though.

rjflyn
10-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Seriously anyway there is probalby nothing that will protect it in the long term in sub-zero temps. I've left cells out in the car at night in the midwest and not had much trouble but my $400 pda i wouldnt. I dont know of any cases or rugged PPC that are made for cold long term use. I'd say use it and then tuck it back under you coat or jacket when not using it.

Anyone out there that works in a freezer doing inventory??

aroma
10-27-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm looking for some sort of case for my ipaq that keeps it from freezing in sub zero temp conditions.
I like to keep it on my outside pocket while jogging because this gives me the most convenient access.
Am I the only one wondering why you are jogging outside in sub-zero tempuratures??? That's what a treadmill is for! :x-mas:

- Aaron