View Full Version : New PocketPC

isilver
10-24-2003, 03:01 AM
I'm inline for buying a new PocketPC. My old one was the Axim X5 Advanced until it was stolen :cry:. But I need to move on. I need one equivalent or better then then Axim X5 with both a SD and CF card and 400mhz processor. I would also prefer the quick scroll on the side and sounds of some sort.

I would also like it to have one additional feature and don't laugh. Game playability. I'm looking for a pocketpc where the buttons are easy to play game boy, Game Boy Advance and SNES games. The dell wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. The button were tough to use. That was really the only complaint I had with it. Does anyone have any suggestions.

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 03:11 AM
1. 2215 - no side buttons though -
2. X3 - well priced, features, gaming? -
3. Asus A60 - Games, speed, graphics -

What do you think of those my friend?

-Justin!

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 03:44 AM
yep, the 2215 was my first thought, i dont see why you cant play games on the dell x3..
I can relate to your pda bein stolen. Mine was stolen some time back, well some months ago this year, and it was at work. anyway, i just bought another one a few days ago, a Toshiba e355 for 129.99 :wink:
It will do the job for now, I am soon to buy a keyboard for it and then a bt sd card from toshiba.

isilver
10-24-2003, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Honda_Civic_Si for those suggestions. I have looked into them. Here are the problems though.

1. 2215 - This is good but a little pricy. This is a good option and I have been looking into this one.

2. X3 - I think this only has a secure digital card (not both). But I do like the Wifi option. Unfortunately I need both cards.

3. Asus A60 - This does not have a SD card. As mentioned I need both cards. Otherwise half of my attachments will be useless.

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 04:02 AM
well then the only one i can think of besides the 2215, is the Toshiba e755, oh wait and of course the sleek and beautiful fujitsu loox :D

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 04:06 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about the two card issue. Sorry. Maybe you get to splash out a little bit and then get the 2215! :D

Mitchybums
10-25-2003, 07:53 PM
the 2215 works fine, no issues, screen is good, speed is decent.
(the 266 samsung in the 1945 is faster)
It has the two slots, and it is a little pricy, but if you already have the cards and stuff, it's well worth it.

mrkablooey
10-25-2003, 10:50 PM
2215 is $343.99 with free ground shipping (or $9.99 priority FedEx!!) at eCost.com Saw it at Costco for $359, which is instant gratification at the price of the overnight with eCost. have to be a member to get it at Costco though.

Helluva deal.

Thinkingmandavid
10-26-2003, 01:38 AM
That is not a bad deal at all from ecost. I have purchases from them before and it was a good experience. There is some more stuff I want to buy but it will have to wait until my wallet can handle it.;)
Today I purchases a wallet/case for my toshiba that goes on my hip...I think it is from belkin if I am not mistaken.
got the hook up on it at almost ten bucks with tax brand new;)