View Full Version : pdabuzz forums down....

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 01:43 AM
I went to post last night and couldnt get in, tried today and was wondering what was going on. Turns out hard drive is sent out for fixing.
So if somethign happened to the hd here, are we going to be out of luck for posting, or is there a back up here?
If this site didnt have posting for as long as they arent going to have posts, a lot of people are going to go through withdrawel :!:
like honda/justin :wink:

Janak Parekh
10-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Fortunately, we had the opportunity to increase redundancy during our last server upgrade. The server has two RAID-mirrored hard drives, which will hopefully minimize downtime in the case of a disk crash. We also do nightly backups to avoid any data loss.

Of course, if the building the server is housed in goes down in flames or something, there's not much you can do... ;)

--janak

AhuhX
10-24-2003, 02:36 AM
PDABuzz forums down?

If a tree falls down in an empty forest does anyone care? :twisted:

JustinGTP
10-24-2003, 03:25 AM
PDABuzz forums down?

If a tree falls down in an empty forest does anyone care? :twisted:

Yes. I do. Dont be mean! Maybe those forums mean a lot to David!

-Justin.

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 03:39 AM
no no no :)
I just like to see how everthing is over since all they seem to talk about and care about is palm, oh excuse me, palm one :roll:
I sneak into the enemy camp to see how things are and what they are planning against us :twisted:
Then I come to us:)
actually, it seems to me they dont get a lot of posts. I remember when everytime you went there was a lot of posting going on, ever since they took over, it just to palmed for me :roll:
well the good news is that they seem prepared over here in case the hard drive went bad. mmm, how big of a hard drive??

AhuhX
10-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Yes. I do. Dont be mean! Maybe those forums mean a lot to David!
-Justin.

:twisted: <- Me bad and loving it... :mrgreen:

Thinkingmandavid
10-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Actually it is strange how it is down, I wonder if when it is up there will be a thread complaining or if anyone cares. it used to be before the new gusy took over it was great there, but now it is all palm. just bugs me is all. they have rewened the site.